Calyx & Teebee - A Day That Never Comes / Snakes & Ladders - RAMM181

thedude

VIP Junglist
ramm181d.jpg

https://www.ramrecords.com/shop/download/ramm181d

Liking the A-Side a lot

not bad...the B side is similar to the Modus remix which I think is sick. Heard the A side a few times and its just a bit too C&T for my liking, its not bad though. All-round, will bag but mainly for the B side

not bad...the B side is similar to the Modus remix which I think is sick. Heard the A side a few times and its just a bit too C&T for my liking, its not bad though. All-round, will bag but mainly for the B side
Agreed. Didn't like the vocal, and the track isn't really going anywhere. B side sounds more interesting.

Generic at it´s best.

The day that never comes unfortunately came and makes Calyx and the other guy sound outdated.

And B sounds like made in two minutes jump up from any netlabel around.

Should go back to producing on their own

Their work as Calyx & Teebee has been uninspiring to say the least

I was expecting shit, but I do like these tracks, even Snakes & Ladders with the infamous 'Jump-up' wobble synth.

Snakes & Ladders over Frankee's Drop It Low ANY FUCKING TIME.

A Day That Never Comes is hot. Really hot IMO.

I don't think that I will bag this physically, since I am currently bagging vinyl on a budget, but will bag digitially.

Really not sure about this release, these guys need to switch up their sound now.

They're not bad tunes, I like them, I agree on the recycled sound part though. It seems that the standard C&T Remix Sound/Synth is making it's way into their own production :(

You've got to appreciate that it is a unique sound none the less, the way I see it is if you want a different sound listen to someone else. I've grown fond of it myself and welcome new tunes including the C&T sound

disappointing as ever. apart from elevate this sound nothing really that took me. this is no expectation.

I just dont understand how someone can not like this!?

I think a lot of us were hoping / expecting C&T to switch up their sound and try something new. It's not necessarily bad, actually one of my favourite RAM releases recently, except my expectations for the new album just dropped dramatically.

Back
Top Bottom