Calyx & Teebee - A Day That Never Comes / Snakes & Ladders - RAMM181

"Calyx & TeeBee are now working on their second collaborative album – an LP which will see them branch into new genres with one half of the LP being DnB and the other half comprising a wide range of styles. Expect a vinyl triple-pack of 6 DnB cuts, and all 20 tracks released on double-CD and mp3.
Recently, they played some new tracks on BBC Radio 1Xtra, more precisely their collaboration with well known vocalist Ayah Marar, and new tune called Get It Twisted." - Displace Audio

Source: http://displace.audio/calyx-teebee-60-minutes-of-ram-records-bbc-radio-1xtra/

Last edited:
"Calyx & TeeBee are now working on their second collaborative album – an LP which will see them branch into new genres with one half of the LP being DnB and the other half comprising a wide range of styles. Expect a vinyl triple-pack of 6 DnB cuts, and all 20 tracks released on double-CD and mp3.
Recently, they played some new tracks on BBC Radio 1Xtra, more precisely their collaboration with well known vocalist Ayah Marar, and new tune called Get It Twisted." - Displace Audio

Source: http://displace.audio/calyx-teebee-60-minutes-of-ram-records-bbc-radio-1xtra/

Very interesting! 20 tracks sounds great and to have a mix of genres, while still having 3 X 12's which are all dnb.

Very interesting! 20 tracks sounds great and to have a mix of genres, while still having 3 X 12's which are all dnb.

Guys that text is very old, this will be their 3rd collaborative album together.

Anatomy (2007)
All or Nothing (2012)
3rd Album (2015)

cheers

Last edited:
20 Tracks, huh? That sounds interesting, especially for Ram lol.

Edit: The Fall ft Ayah Marar is HOOGE, especially for people bored of C&T doing very similar tracks and remixes all the time.

Last edited:
I asked Teebee if they sampled that Daft Punk tune before the drop with the wobbly synth bit, he seemed confused and slightly offended and said no!

Hello guys ! Thanks for taking an interrest in the single ,wether good or bad,everyone is entitled to their opinion ! To clear up a few things,we did not sample Daft Punk .Nor do we use the same preset for bass ,ever :) We do however ,have a distinct 'sound' we're after and an identity that we want as a red line throughout our tracks .With every producer we love ,you can tell within a 16 if it is them or not,and an identity in today's throwaway EDM culture is more important than ever .Wether the listener likes it or not ,is fortunately not up to us,as that is a taste issue entirely . Have a great day everyone !

Hello guys ! Thanks for taking an interrest in the single ,wether good or bad,everyone is entitled to their opinion ! To clear up a few things,we did not sample Daft Punk .Nor do we use the same preset for bass ,ever :) We do however ,have a distinct 'sound' we're after and an identity that we want as a red line throughout our tracks .With every producer we love ,you can tell within a 16 if it is them or not,and an identity in today's throwaway EDM culture is more important than ever .Wether the listener likes it or not ,is fortunately not up to us,as that is a taste issue entirely . Have a great day everyone !

Signing up just to say that! :teeth:
While I'm not the biggest fan of this sort of sound, it's good that you want to be easily identified which I guess has been achieved, regardless of people's tastes!

So true... I'm still spinning Anatomy man, ahead of its time that one! (y)

So true... I'm still spinning Anatomy man, ahead of its time that one! (y)

That's just the thing though. Anatomy is nearly 8 years old. Do you think that their sound has changed at all in the 8 years since it was released?

I think they are still staying true to their sound even though they are signed to RAM. That is credit to RAM as well for just letting them (and Audio) produce the sound that they want and stay true to.

That's just the thing though. Anatomy is nearly 8 years old. Do you think that their sound has changed at all in the 8 years since it was released?

I think they are still staying true to their sound even though they are signed to RAM. That is credit to RAM as well for just letting them (and Audio) produce the sound that they want and stay true to.

Of course it has to some degree but Teebee's got a point, you can always recognise their sound which is a good thing in today's scene. Plus everyone always complains when an artist changes their sound too much so meh

Having an identifiable sound is one thing, but honestly not trying to be a cunt, there seems to my ears anyway, to have been a "dumbing down" of it over recent years, perhaps to appeal to a wider more "ram records'esque" audience? I understand you need to appeal to your target audience & sell records to make a living, not just related to Teebee, but anybody producing music... But I would imagine thats why some of the feedback is negative... :confused:

I'm probably hugely wrong, but hey... Just my 50p's worth...

I don't second guess it these days from a personal point of view, if I listen to it & like it, cool.

Personally I prefer C&T new sound to their older stuff but I am probably alone there.

No one ever seems to moan about Break who has had the same sound since the dawn of man and yet still gets treated like the Lord of drum n bass. If he was signed to RAM then people prob would mind

Re: Calyx & Teebee - A Day That Never Comes / Snakes & Ladders - RAMM181

Having an identifiable sound is one thing, but honestly not trying to be a cunt, there seems to my ears anyway, to have been a "dumbing down" of it over recent years, perhaps to appeal to a wider more "ram records'esque" audience? I understand you need to appeal to your target audience & sell records to make a living, not just related to Teebee, but anybody producing music... But I would imagine thats why some of the feedback is negative... :confused:

I'm probably hugely wrong, but hey... Just my 50p's worth...

I don't second guess it these days from a personal point of view, if I listen to it & like it, cool.

But I think that's the cleverness of it all tho, who else in the scene has kept true to their sound but managed to spread to a wider audience? Literally no one I think - Netsky, Sub Focus, Chase & Status and all these guys tracks are so far from what they used to produce to the point where I never buy their tunes now. I think for about 3 years every set I played had a SF tune in it - Barely play one a year of his tunes now which is sad for my butthurt

- - - Updated - - -

But yeh yur 100% right, people will moan about this no matter what so..... Can't please them all

Yeah its a good way of looking at it for real, some people will see that as a negative is all i'm getting at really... Regardless of their "taste", as it were...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom