DJ Tundra - Bassport FM mix - 06/02/2015 - 100% Vinyl

Tundra

Raggo
VIP Junglist
Ez People,

Recently bassport FM asked me to record a mix for them which they aired on 06/02/2015 and here is that mix. There are a few slips here and there but overall was happy with it, 100% vinyl as always, hope you all enjoy, Any feedback is always appreciated!!

Tracklist :

Calyx & Tebee - The Quest (Break remix)
>>Klute - best bits not over
Break - Groove with it
Dub Phizix - Bounce
Frankee - Harlequin
Scar - Untruths
Dabs - Objection VIP
Gerra & Stone - Too Deep
>> Nymfo - Electrosmog
Ulterior motive - Tapepack
Stealth - Back to you
Survival - Dub Soldier (Outlook VIP)
DLR - Tugboat
My Nu Leng - Knowing (break remix)
Dub Phizix - Creator
DRS - Puppeteer
Spirit - VIP dial
Mefjus & Neonlight - Hot glue
Hazard - Time Tripping
Eveson & Halogenix - Grey Dawn
Break - Coming 4 u
A.I. - Forgotten truths
Pacific & Dabble - Jamrock
Digital - Sound Bizness
The Dream Team - Stamina (Jayline Remix)

All over this, TL looks outstanding.

Interested to hear how you mix puppeteer...been battering Emergency since I picked up that 12" as haven't found something that really works with the vocals of it just yet.
Will leave some thoughts at some stage (y)

All over this, TL looks outstanding.

Interested to hear how you mix puppeteer...been battering Emergency since I picked up that 12" as haven't found something that really works with the vocals of it just yet.
Will leave some thoughts at some stage (y)

Thanks man let me know what you think

Fuck it going to go a bit more detailed.

First mix worked well, expected you to utilise the cuts in Quest rmx, maybe something to work on.
Groove with it worked a treat off the back of Quest rmx, digged the cuts to the vocal "groove with it" nice.
Next mix was a bit differing in styles.
Harlequin's steppy beat worked really well Bounce, the whirring bass also made the mix transition sweet between these two. V nice
Switch Untruths.
Can heard Objections VIP bleeping in, won the dispatch comp which got me a copy of this. Mix is ok can't really hear a lot of the previous tune though to make the blend.
Loving Gerra and Stones output at the mo. Loved the bleepyness of Objection poking thru in the mix. Really good.
Ergh Electrosmog tidy Dan!
Ah Tapepack (y)
Back To You, recognise that sample? Aint that Ashanti? lol harking back to my teenage years
Dub Soldier VIP. big tune. Was expecting a mix of those two tbh.
Tugboat big tune. Was kinda expecting a blend again...

Ah My Nu Leng remix. My copy is warped to fuck :(
fucking big mix with Tugboat the midranges fused well over each other.
Keep getting interruptions at work so proving difficult to listen attentively

I've had to skip it on fucking work eh!, to the Puppeteer bit to see what the deal is, was hoping for some doubles to see if you did anything with the vocals of Puppeteer, finding it difficult myself, was hoping for the double with Dial VIP.

Not bad Dan. A good Monday listen for sure. Some tunes in there.

Fuck it going to go a bit more detailed.

First mix worked well, expected you to utilise the cuts in Quest rmx, maybe something to work on.
Groove with it worked a treat off the back of Quest rmx, digged the cuts to the vocal "groove with it" nice.
Next mix was a bit differing in styles.
Harlequin's steppy beat worked really well Bounce, the whirring bass also made the mix transition sweet between these two. V nice
Switch Untruths.
Can heard Objections VIP bleeping in, won the dispatch comp which got me a copy of this. Mix is ok can't really hear a lot of the previous tune though to make the blend.
Loving Gerra and Stones output at the mo. Loved the bleepyness of Objection poking thru in the mix. Really good.
Ergh Electrosmog tidy Dan!
Ah Tapepack (y)
Back To You, recognise that sample? Aint that Ashanti? lol harking back to my teenage years
Dub Soldier VIP. big tune. Was expecting a mix of those two tbh.
Tugboat big tune. Was kinda expecting a blend again...

Ah My Nu Leng remix. My copy is warped to fuck :(
fucking big mix with Tugboat the midranges fused well over each other.
Keep getting interruptions at work so proving difficult to listen attentively

I've had to skip it on fucking work eh!, to the Puppeteer bit to see what the deal is, was hoping for some doubles to see if you did anything with the vocals of Puppeteer, finding it difficult myself, was hoping for the double with Dial VIP.

Not bad Dan. A good Monday listen for sure. Some tunes in there.

Thanks for checking it mate, the feedback is really useful.

Puppeteer messed me up a bit in the mix haha had a few bits planned out but most of this was freestyle, wanted to let it drop with dial VIP but only got both tunes the week before and dropped dial too late for the double drop (was tempted to leave puppeteer in for the drop but played it safe)

Also thanks for mentioning the tugboat and knowing remix, was my favourite mix in there, never done it until recording this and was surprised how well it worked (sorry to hear your copy of knowing remix is warped, such a great release, fucking hate it when that happens)

Big up stu, appreciate the feedback especially from someone whose mixes I highly rate

Just checked this out mate. Wicked little mix Danny! Tune selection was on point. Brought some sick tunes i've not heard to my attention so nice one for that :)

Look forward to the next man

Thanks for checking it mate, glad you enjoyed it, just seen your new mix (think its a B2B one?) TL looks right up my street will be checking, also might be on skate tonight, got some next level virus shit so actually staying inside and chilling for once haha

Thanks for checking it mate, glad you enjoyed it, just seen your new mix (think its a B2B one?) TL looks right up my street will be checking, also might be on skate tonight, got some next level virus shit so actually staying inside and chilling for once haha

Well enjoyed mate. Seems like we both have a very similar taste! How long you been mixing now out of interest man? Yeah new mix is first one ive put up on here as United Technique which is just me and a good mate i've been helping to mix going b2b on 3 decks at the same time with 2 pairs of headphones plugged in. Will try catch you on the xbox soon then mate i've not been on for a few days!

Well enjoyed mate. Seems like we both have a very similar taste! How long you been mixing now out of interest man? Yeah new mix is first one ive put up on here as United Technique which is just me and a good mate i've been helping to mix going b2b on 3 decks at the same time with 2 pairs of headphones plugged in. Will try catch you on the xbox soon then mate i've not been on for a few days!

Been mixing for around 3 years now. That setup with your mate sounds mad, every time I've gone B2B it always involves a lot of passing the headphones haha! I haven't been on my xbox for months tbh usually out and about but now I'm ill I'm all over it, give me a shout when your next on mate

Wattup Danny! Finally finished this one the other day just didnt have time to leave any feedback. Again i was in the car listening so i cant really point things out but i had a great time listening to this. There were some double drops in there that had me like ok Danny! ha ha.....i was vibing. Was good to hear you try some different drums in the mix with the halftime stuff. Its a different sound and it takes a little bit to get use to it but it will make you soooo much better mang. Looking forward to the next one as always.
EZ

Wattup Danny! Finally finished this one the other day just didnt have time to leave any feedback. Again i was in the car listening so i cant really point things out but i had a great time listening to this. There were some double drops in there that had me like ok Danny! ha ha.....i was vibing. Was good to hear you try some different drums in the mix with the halftime stuff. Its a different sound and it takes a little bit to get use to it but it will make you soooo much better mang. Looking forward to the next one as always.
EZ

Thanks for checking and the feedback mate, been trying to mix a wide variety of DNB lately and feel like its all coming together a bit more haha, big up

- - - Updated - - -

I'm overwhelmed with all these dope posts! Keep em coming! Respect

safe man, respect

Last edited:
Had a listen to this last week.

Really good mix man, proper driving blends too and ideal for the car ;) Loved the Break openers with the Klute bit teased in-between. Bounce sounded great where it was and enjoyed hearing Objection vip again. Should really pick that up :) Not heard that Back To You bit till this mix and again last night when a friend played it and said it sounded like old Dillinja and especially Hard Noise haha

Very enjoyable all in all mate (y)

Back
Top Bottom