Best place to download torrented music?

you know in website feedback, theres a dnbforum.com rules announcement in bold at the top? IMO that needs to be at the top of every sub forum

as you were

yeah i use torrents for the fucking film industry cos theyre all talentless cunts these days... musicians are on the other hand not... as you were.

I'm willing to bet more than half the people on this forum use torrents I doubt everyone has enough money for all the releases they want

The thing is though, you're wrong. This is a forum of passionate music listeners, DJs and producers. We know what it takes to produce a tune and we will absolutely support it where we can. So yes we do buy our music and many of us spend a lot of money on it weekly. On vinyl, digital, CDs... we spend a lot and we'll wait up til 12am just to throw our money at a pre-order.

If we can't afford it, we can't have it. If you can't afford it, it doesn't mean you can steal it. Same as pretty much anything else in the world. Don't be a dick, AT THE VERY LEAST get a fucking Spotify subscription.

Its a valid statement... i will buy birdman only because it was a good film. and id like to support good films all else ive seen since i bought my last blu ray (under the skin) is terrible... and yes the argument may be that im the problem and my pirate of such material leaves the movie industry with no money to create good films... i dont buy that, they sold out and make pish in my opinion anyway so they can rake as much coin in without the effort. same goes with games although i dont pirate games simply due to trojans and virus. The game industry isnt so bad however i just rage at films now your better of getting netflix and watching a tv series now so bolt film industry... rant over as you were ;)

Yeah this isn't a good place to discuss piracy in a positive light because the forum is mainly used by people who really care about and value drum and bass, so it's annoying to us to see someone stealing. I'm not gonna take the piss though and I hope you can get the tracks you want and if your uni degree goes well you can pay it all back someday

- - - Updated - - -

and yeah I also don't buy movies very often because they're not as easy to enjoy multiple times. Bought Looper, Bladerunner and others but only because they're favourites

You wouldn't steal a book from a bookshop, would you. So why steal music? It's also an art form - an album will have just as much work and effort put into it as a book. If you can't afford the amount of books you wan't, you would get a library card and make do. So get spotify or something.

I thought other people would be in a similar spot. I love my music and I'm on a budget because I'm at uni. I'm willing to bet more than half the people on this forum use torrents I doubt everyone has enough money for all the releases they want and that's my situation so I'm just asking for help as to where to find the music so could you please just help me out and stop taking the piss?

How does the artist or label live if you dont pay for their work - especially in D&B the heart of it is a small community and not many artists will live a lavish life off the music they make - if you dont pay they stop producing which in turn kills the scene. If you cannot afford to buy all the releases you want pick and choose and as others have said worst comes the worst use spotify

I thought other people would be in a similar spot. I love my music and I'm on a budget because I'm at uni. I'm willing to bet more than half the people on this forum use torrents I doubt everyone has enough money for all the releases they want and that's my situation so I'm just asking for help as to where to find the music so could you please just help me out and stop taking the piss?
Guess what? We don't have the money for all the releases we want. So we WAIT until we have money. You want music for free? see the link on my sig. It's not dnb though. That's what you'll have for breakfast.

Seriously now: STOP STEALING. Or else Pennywise will show under your bed and take away your soul.

lol if your reffering to me DeeGun i do not steal everything else, it is considered sharing in first place but i agree its still theft so i wont try and take moral high ground there.

I really cant stress enough the way i feel about movies though theres like 1 in every 20 that see release that are barely watchable and were duped into going tocinema to see something thats crap. I should mabye try and be less naive and fall so easily for the sales pitch but i aint perfect. so on occasion i like having the oportunity of trying before i buy. Sortware wise i research a lot more before plunging in because thats really expensive i dont use much software because of that but i also bet 99% people here couldnt claim the same. Your also lucky if a game will work these days on PC so again that needs research by me not a big issue i have playstation and i have to buy every game thats released for my son and then i get them when hes finished (not bad deal there eh :D), so i will rarely buy PC now sick of spending upwards of 300 on gfx cards every year anyway.

Music wise i always buy or use youtube (as long as its not itunes im not into 3rd party software if its not needed)... i just noticed your link there aswell sorta shows you subtly what i mean the big corporations are shady as fuck. Mabye no excuse but again id rather pass my money straight to the people who deserve it.

I really do get your point its all a bit of a grey area though and im not rich so my money has to be used on things i need more than things i want.

Not really much of a big deal, I just find it lame to download everything for free but then go off when somebody steals the precious work of Tenochtitlan on Higher Education Records, where he (Mr.Tenochtitlan) put all his heart and soul in, quit his job and he doesn´t make much of it anyway.

I don´t see the difference here. Yes, big movie companies and all that. But there are jobs on the line too. Sometimes I think people just go off to look good to all the label honchos on here.

I don´t even judge people who grab things. Not my problem. It´s theirs and a problem for those involved in the business. But it´s not really the greatest of all moves to come into a well frequented dnb forum full of artists and labels and ask dumb questions like the OP. :lol:

I dont buy from big labels either mostly i buy from indie guys lol... so the "honchos" can do one aswell, ok sorry D bridge i do buy your stuff mate :D

lol if your reffering to me DeeGun i do not steal everything else, it is considered sharing in first place but i agree its still theft so i wont try and take moral high ground there.

I really cant stress enough the way i feel about movies though theres like 1 in every 20 that see release that are barely watchable and were duped into going tocinema to see something thats crap. I should mabye try and be less naive and fall so easily for the sales pitch but i aint perfect. so on occasion i like having the oportunity of trying before i buy. Sortware wise i research a lot more before plunging in because thats really expensive i dont use much software because of that but i also bet 99% people here couldnt claim the same. Your also lucky if a game will work these days on PC so again that needs research by me not a big issue i have playstation and i have to buy every game thats released for my son and then i get them when hes finished (not bad deal there eh :D), so i will rarely buy PC now sick of spending upwards of 300 on gfx cards every year anyway.

Music wise i always buy or use youtube (as long as its not itunes im not into 3rd party software if its not needed)... i just noticed your link there aswell sorta shows you subtly what i mean the big corporations are shady as fuck. Mabye no excuse but again id rather pass my money straight to the people who deserve it.

I really do get your point its all a bit of a grey area though and im not rich so my money has to be used on things i need more than things i want.

why were you spending £300 on gpus every year? i dont see the point unless you just want the latest and best cards all the time?

iv only just replaced my 560ti with a 970 and itll last me like 3-4 years

Well every year n a half... Really? Because my COD clan members were buying the latest eeeek... sad but true, Glad i found production as an outlet... wait its costing me more

Back
Top Bottom