Pitching to labels, single vs multiple tracks?

Phoreeses

Hi, I wanted to gather some opinions on whether I should send a single demo track to labels or have more than one ready to go. I get the vibe off some other threads that people often get a single song signed, but then when I hunt beatport etc most releases seem to be at least two tracks. I've never had a track signed, but think one may be at the right level and I'm not sure if I should send that track out now or wait a few months until I have more material. Thoughts?

2 tracks if they are good, dont just send a crappy second one for the sake of it. But if you have one really good one and no more, still send that.

2 labels at a time, wait a few weeks, then send a chaser email, no reply, send to other labels.

Setup a folder for Demo stuff in your email, if you're serious about this you need to keep on top of what labels you have and havent sent to.

HTH

I guess I'll sit on the track I've got and until something else that's decent comes together.

2 labels at a time, wait a few weeks, then send a chaser email, no reply, send to other labels.

HTH

I like this idea, I hadn't really thought about a strategy on how to approach different labels. It seems the whole process will be about patience.

It literally is the most depressing thing ever, be very patient!! Just keep on trucking, keep organised, and keep writing tunes. The more releases you get, the easier and easier the next one becomes..

I chatted to a bunch of my producer buddies about this a little while back and Overlook mentioned he didn't hear anything for like 3 months and then they wanted to sign it. So even if you're established you still have to play the game.

As other have said I would send two tracks max. Be sure these two tracks are both really solid and they should be one of your best productions.

Back
Top Bottom