Grooves 007 - Agent Smith

Stu..
*Tips cap.

Awesome mix mate. That first blend. OH GOSH. How a mix should be. You nailed those eq's. Really impressed.
Some superb selections, Allegiance being a personal fav. Catch off, Hills have ears, Guardian Angel, Crystalline.
Really enjoyed it from start to finish.

huge mix, kept me bouncing from start to finish. Loads of great mixes in there but my 2 favourite sections had to be Fade - Swarm > Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub > Break, Dbridge, Fierce & Nico - Galleon, haven't heard chubrub in ages and thought you used it really well in the mix but the best bit for me had to be Noisia - Messiah >>Break - Catch Off > Xtrah & DLR - Direct Approach remix > Cyantific - Disconnected > Chris SU - Guardian > Silent Witness & Break - The Hills Have Ears, amazing selection there and loved the way you mixed direct approach rmx with disconnected, big up mate this will definitely be getting a few more listens from me. I wanna come down on Saturday but can't make it (new years skinted me haha). Have a good one man will definitely be making it to one of the groove nights

Last edited:
awesome mix this man! some really cool mixes in here!

Big ups Muz. Need to leave my thoughts on your techy mix. Cheers for taking the time to have a listen.

Stu..
*Tips cap.

Awesome mix mate. That first blend. OH GOSH. How a mix should be. You nailed those eq's. Really impressed.
Some superb selections, Allegiance being a personal fav. Catch off, Hills have ears, Guardian Angel, Crystalline.
Really enjoyed it from start to finish.

Thanks for dropping some thoughts Ted. Really worked hard in the past year to try and nail EQ's when recording.
Love Allegiance, personal favourite need to play it more often. And ofc Crystalline!
Definitely one in the pipeline this year will be a deeper, techier mix - inspired on your BLKND Vision mix from ages ago, still batter that mix, so good.

Appreciate you taking the time to listen and leave a comment, always make it more worthwhile.

(y)

huge mix, kept me bouncing from start to finish. Loads of great mixes in there but my 2 favourite sections had to be Fade - Swarm > Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub > Break, Dbridge, Fierce & Nico - Galleon, haven't heard chubrub in ages and thought you used it really well in the mix but the best bit for me had to be Noisia - Messiah >>Break - Catch Off > Xtrah & DLR - Direct Approach remix > Cyantific - Disconnected > Chris SU - Guardian > Silent Witness & Break - The Hills Have Ears, amazing selection there and loved the way you mixed direct approach rmx with disconnected, big up mate this will definitely be getting a few more listens from me. I wanna come down on Saturday but can't make it (new years skinted me haha). Have a good one man will definitely be making it to one of the groove nights

Ah Danny awesome feedback man! repped.

The Direct Approach >> Disconnected mix was right up there as one of my favourites when listening back.
Cheers for the comments on Chubrub, always wanted to put it in a mix. Glad you liked it.

Don't worry mate, I've somehow managed to blow a months wages in 2 weeks, think we are all in the same boat - keen to see Mistanoize so going to head down for it even though I probably have enough money for the train!
Will be good to see you down there at some stage though, put a name to a face etc
Thanks again dude

Big ups Muz. Need to leave my thoughts on your techy mix. Cheers for taking the time to have a listen.

Thanks for dropping some thoughts Ted. Really worked hard in the past year to try and nail EQ's when recording.
Love Allegiance, personal favourite need to play it more often. And ofc Crystalline!
Definitely one in the pipeline this year will be a deeper, techier mix - inspired on your BLKND Vision mix from ages ago, still batter that mix, so good.

Appreciate you taking the time to listen and leave a comment, always make it more worthwhile.

(y)

Ah Danny awesome feedback man! repped.

The Direct Approach >> Disconnected mix was right up there as one of my favourites when listening back.
Cheers for the comments on Chubrub, always wanted to put it in a mix. Glad you liked it.

Don't worry mate, I've somehow managed to blow a months wages in 2 weeks, think we are all in the same boat - keen to see Mistanoize so going to head down for it even though I probably have enough money for the train!
Will be good to see you down there at some stage though, put a name to a face etc
Thanks again dude

yeah man new years and xmas is a killer haha, definitly need to try and make one though be good to see some heads from the forum

Finally got round to have a listen and it's a wicked mix Stu :) Left some comments on SC already, I especially enjoyed the opening 8 tunes or so, the last 8 and the section around Watermelon. Have to start playing Guardian Angel, amazing euphoric tune, Chris.Su at what he knows best, dunno how it slipped through my fingers on Sine Language :) As always, looking forward to hear another mix of yours soon! Big up bruv!

Finally got round to have a listen and it's a wicked mix Stu :) Left some comments on SC already, I especially enjoyed the opening 8 tunes or so, the last 8 and the section around Watermelon. Have to start playing Guardian Angel, amazing euphoric tune, Chris.Su at what he knows best, dunno how it slipped through my fingers on Sine Language :) As always, looking forward to hear another mix of yours soon! Big up bruv!

Cheers man! Thanks for leaving some comments

Love Guardian Angel. There was actually a thread when Sine Language got released and it got slated for some reason. Personally think Chris SU's production is quality.

Got your dnbfrance mix ready to roll! :) will leave some thoughts for you.
Big ups.

Cheers man! Thanks for leaving some comments

Love Guardian Angel. There was actually a thread when Sine Language got released and it got slated for some reason. Personally think Chris SU's production is quality.

Got your dnbfrance mix ready to roll! :) will leave some thoughts for you.
Big ups.

The same discussion was going on about Under The Sun, which I personally love and have been playing ever since it came out. Horses for courses I guess, just shows that Sine Language actually was a great compilation after all :) Chris.Su was one of the first producers that got me into drum & bass, his bootleg of Björk and First Snow are forever in my heart, he's a top lad, too. And cheers mate! :)

Finally got round to listening to this, this week

Loved the opener as you know ;) Not heard Swarm which warmed into TSTF rmx really well. Enjoyed the tease of Lunar Bass (Commix Remix) into Hypnotize VIP as well as the Scraper tease which I had almost forgotten about this tune. Overtime though, only heard this original in a members mix last year and its quality especially after hearing the rmx first.

Thought I recognised Need You in there but thought it was a different tune. Didn't realise there was a Calibre rmx! Always a pleasure hearing Watermelon used to great effect and great to hear Crystalline in a mix again :) *Needs to reach for that more* Again with Tubular, loved hearing that and really complimented Jungle Fever.

Messiah - Catch Off was :sick: First members mix I've hear Direct Approach in and it was used very well. Plus cudos for putting Disconnected in there. Fav Cyantific tune and was one of those jaw dropping moments for me stood in the middle of the rave at Inno In The Sun 2008, Disconnected came on and skanked to the max. One of the highlights of that holiday, so thanks for playing it! Brought back memories (in the stack ;) ) + first jump up tune I think I've heard you play?

Great mix overall Stu! Don't leave it so long till the next one man :lol:

Finally got round to listening to this, this week

Loved the opener as you know ;) Not heard Swarm which warmed into TSTF rmx really well. Enjoyed the tease of Lunar Bass (Commix Remix) into Hypnotize VIP as well as the Scraper tease which I had almost forgotten about this tune. Overtime though, only heard this original in a members mix last year and its quality especially after hearing the rmx first.

Thought I recognised Need You in there but thought it was a different tune. Didn't realise there was a Calibre rmx! Always a pleasure hearing Watermelon used to great effect and great to hear Crystalline in a mix again :) *Needs to reach for that more* Again with Tubular, loved hearing that and really complimented Jungle Fever.

Messiah - Catch Off was :sick: First members mix I've hear Direct Approach in and it was used very well. Plus cudos for putting Disconnected in there. Fav Cyantific tune and was one of those jaw dropping moments for me stood in the middle of the rave at Inno In The Sun 2008, Disconnected came on and skanked to the max. One of the highlights of that holiday, so thanks for playing it! Brought back memories (in the stack ;) ) + first jump up tune I think I've heard you play?

Great mix overall Stu! Don't leave it so long till the next one man :lol:

Yes Mark. Always encouraging to get kind words. Feedback master level 2367482392948
That Fade tune slipped under the radar of most tbh.
Overtime is a personal fav. Think you must have heard me play it in Rolling Straight Through (Vol2?) Managed to get all those old mixes guna post them up online at some stage
Appreciate the words on Watermelon, felt like I didn't get the EQ's perfect with Little Fling but really wanted the midranges to poke through and create almost a double "growl" Almost, but room for improvement.

Tbh the end was a bit of a wing! Got to Tubular and was getting pretty bored and just went at it.
Direct Approach is such a versatile record, seems to really work with anything - especially Disconnected.
Definitely brings back some memories for me - 2008 was my first year of club nights, saw a Cyantific 3 deck set and heard him play this, reload it and just mix all sorts with it.
(wouldn't call it Jump Up though ;) )

Cheers for listening man. My next mix is as promised coming in Feb. Back to 100% vinyl for the next couple of editions at least and much deeper, just fancied something a bit more upbeat for this one especially as the night was on NYE.

Repped (y)

Last edited:
right this was sick, second listen just as good as the first.

Chubrub >> galleon was really good, rolled off each other well
sideways >> overtime, didn't expect the bass to come in when it did, worked really well though. Could have done with overtime being a bit louder imo, the bass seemed to get lost in sideways
little fling >> watermelon worked a treat, nice hearing two contrasting styles roll off well. Intro crystalline was lovely too (have you done that one before? felt familiar)
never heard cymatic frequencies before so was good to hear that! mix with hear my call remix was nice too (that remix is so good, probably my fav on the release)
Worked nicely into the lynx and perez tune, change of styles but keeping that kinda eastern vibe worked really well.
Mix with acidized again was nice, helps that acidized is such a sick tune, so much bounce!
Jungle Fever >> TUbular was noises everywhere as expected. lovely.
Guardian angel mix was ace, nice change in style - big trancey vocal - reminds of the old sunchase stuff with yana kay on vocals.
Why have I never heard oceans of emptiness before?!

Great mix man, really enjoyed it - sorry the feedbacks a bit messy and illiterate.

Back
Top Bottom