Feed back on my 4th attempt? Progress maybe?

i like the vibe of the track as well. I'd say the actual bass sound (not the melody) sounds a bit amateur (although I like the layering you add halfway through the first drop).

best way to see how far from good you are is to A/B next to a Hazard track ;)

The bass at the beginning of the drop is the best part of it. The layer you add to it after, is something I don't think fits.

The intro sound, with the violins & stuff, it's good. Also the sample that kicks in at 0:14 is good. Main melody of the bass is good. Nothing too fancy, but it works.

I'll give you a bit of advice on the drums, cause Jump up isn't my thing. But I do know most of 'em have really powerful (maybe even too powerful) drums.

The drums don't feel like they're glued together, especially the hats. Mix the volumes around a bit, add some compression, bus it, add some reverb, pan out some elements. Next thing I'd like to mention about the drums is that the snare has a lot of punch, but you can feel it lacking. Layer it with a few more, do some EQ'ing on each part maybe. That way you can also add some more character & variety in the snare, and drums overall.

You can try & use a break, hi-pass it & layer it on top somewhere to add some variety or speed. Just to keep things interesting, or even to switch the groove around.

The bass at the beginning of the drop is the best part of it. The layer you add to it after, is something I don't think fits.

The intro sound, with the violins & stuff, it's good. Also the sample that kicks in at 0:14 is good. Main melody of the bass is good. Nothing too fancy, but it works.

I'll give you a bit of advice on the drums, cause Jump up isn't my thing. But I do know most of 'em have really powerful (maybe even too powerful) drums.

The drums don't feel like they're glued together, especially the hats. Mix the volumes around a bit, add some compression, bus it, add some reverb, pan out some elements. Next thing I'd like to mention about the drums is that the snare has a lot of punch, but you can feel it lacking. Layer it with a few more, do some EQ'ing on each part maybe. That way you can also add some more character & variety in the snare, and drums overall.

You can try & use a break, hi-pass it & layer it on top somewhere to add some variety or speed. Just to keep things interesting, or even to switch the groove around.

Lorre, thanks for the feed back, I will take your advice when working on my next project. thanks

I do like the violins, but TBH the drums are way out of sync. For a fourth try, though, it's not bad! Here's some personal tips that I would recommend.

Use slight reverb on your hats. It'll blend them in together and make it sound much more real. Also turn the volume of them down until they blend in with everything else. The loudest percussion sounds for the drums should be the kick and the snare. Also, like Lorre said, you should give the snare more punch, along with the kick drum. It makes it feel much more upbeat and gives it that DnB feel. Using a break-beat drum pattern for tempos of 170 and higher is personally recommended, but it isn't required.

For the bass, I would make it a bit louder, if it's your main focus. Also, add some sub-bass to help keep the listener entertained. As for the part where the guy says "I Kill you!" You should add some kind of up-rise or something. I like to take a chord and add volume automation to it, so that the chord gets louder as that part of the song is finished. There's also channel panning. You can add background sounds and use channel panning to give it more emphasis on your song. You can also use it on your drums to make it sound much more realistic.

Other than that, it's good. Be CREATIVE! That's what music is all about! Try experimenting with different sounds and techniques to become a better artist! Learning a bit of music theory also will be helpful too ;)

Thanks for all the advice guys, i really appriecate it and i will take it all in then do my best to get to the next level i need to be at.

cheers

if you're looking to be good at something quickly, producing isn't the thing. asap won't be as soon as you're hoping for. you have to put a lot of work and a ton of hours into it to get to the point you want to be at.

Awez i hear that still, i have been doing it on and off for years but i have never really had the time to put hours in, i am fully aware it takes time but it intrigues me see how long it takes to reach the holy grail lol

Back
Top Bottom