Is Hospital back on track?

I will never understand why people turn their noses up at a label the second they hear vocals or a slightly poppy melody. Something to do I assume.

I will never understand why people turn their noses up at a label the second they hear vocals

At what point did you assume that to be true? Vocals are used right across the whole spectrum of dnb, in some styles more than others, but there is a difference between using a vocal as a lead for the sake of having something catchy and using a vocal because it genuinely compliments the music.

At what point did you assume that to be true? Vocals are used right across the whole spectrum of dnb, in some styles more than others, but there is a difference between using a vocal as a lead for the sake of having something catchy and using a vocal because it genuinely compliments the music.
I am just misunderstood at why people dish out negative opinions on major labels for a couple of artists changing their style, the main thing is usually 'gay vocals'.

SPY has released some good tunes on there tbh, and there's some new Lynx tune out, called something about a bee, only heard a bit of the preview but I might buy it, sounded interesting

Yeh im not gonna lie I haven't actually listened to anything Hospital in ages (apart from Fred V & Grafix's album because I'm friends with them so thought I'd see what they were up to music-wise) so was purely laughing at your phrase. But I think this thread has given me reason to go and listen to the albums people seem to be rating

I haven't listened to Hospital in almost 10 years, but at least they admit they're basically a pop label. They have fun with it and they put out good shit on Med School.

Yeah right, Troglodyte VIP is weak...

to be fair compared to the original it is pretty weak IMO, still a good track but doesn't have the same punch as the original.

Don't think people should hate the music because of the label, I know some of it is cheesy bollocks that I will not be buying but just because it's on a certain label does not mean you should completely disregard the tune or the artist. Last thing I got on vinyl was hospital was LOGISTICS - Somersaults / Triangles and think it is a pretty solid release, alot of the new hospital stuff I don't like but still rate them as a label who do have decent releases now and again, same with RAM, don't like all their releases but wouldn't disregard the label all together. This is all opinion though not trying to offend anyone just don't understand so much hate towards labels.

Back
Top Bottom