Me, and a bunch of kids

Afek_One

VIP Junglist
So... this is a live mix I did at a party for a bunch of pill poppin, drop loving kids They were a lot of fun. I never expected it, but they loved it. It's sloppy. There are heavy effects, but it's me playing live. It went off so much better than I expected. I haven't listened back yet and I know there's some big fuck ups. I played on CDJs/Traktor/X1. Lots of effects and lots of cue dropping.

Synkro - Transient
Red Army - Brevity Code
Skeptical - Offline
Overlook - Persona
Clarity - Talk Back
Bredren - Jungle Fever
Calibre - Deep Orca
Synkro feat Indigo - Mutual Divide
George Commix - Ghost Loops
Subtension - Break and Go
Bredren - Homasu
Ruffhouse - The Max Headroom Intrusion
Loxy and Isotone - Burden
Xtrah and DLR - Direct Approach
Red Army - Creature Dub
Kimyan Law - Copperclock
Klute - Natural Observer
Bredren - LRC
Dub Phizix - Bounce
Clarity - Cryptic
Hidden Turn - Dream of Tron

Paused the mix I was listening, putting this on right now, will let you know what I think of it!

Really liking is so far, 12 mins in, this a tune! 13-14min mark, those chords are totally my thing, smoothly mixed in. Then the amens.

Ooooh, Deep Orca & those piano notes

Subtension - Break & Go, well played in there.

Xtrah & DLR tune fits neatly in there, havent heard that many of the FX you were talking about, though (which is a good thing)

40 mins in, yessir, breaks -> piano, I have a soft spot for such transitions & then Natural Observer comes in right on time. This might just be my fav part of the mix.

Overall, really liked the mix! Good job man.

Last edited:
Paused the mix I was listening, putting this on right now, will let you know what I think of it!

Really liking is so far, 12 mins in, this a tune! 13-14min mark, those chords are totally my thing, smoothly mixed in. Then the amens.

Ooooh, Deep Orca & those piano notes

Subtension - Break & Go, well played in there.

Xtrah & DLR tune fits neatly in there, havent heard that many of the FX you were talking about, though (which is a good thing)

I was doing a lot of flanges into drops. They sound good and the house kids love it I hope you like the mix. I just listened back and I really liked it. It's a minimal/party mix... if that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm bigging up my own mix, not because it's a great mix. This is everything I LOVE about dnb.

Safe man, I love most of the DnB spectrum. Tech, breaks, minimal or whatever subgenre's people like to name 'em. I enjoyed the mix & that's what matters.

Also, nothing wrong with bigging up your own mix. Keep doing what you love, you're doing good.

Dope mix Afek! You got some balls for dropping some of those at a show ha ha. If i would have played a couple of those in my city it would have cleared the floor sadly enough.

I really enjoyed this one mang!

Dope mix Afek! You got some balls for dropping some of those at a show ha ha. If i would have played a couple of those in my city it would have cleared the floor sadly enough.

I really enjoyed this one mang!
I planned on playing a bunch of rollers, but I was kind of drunk and was like, "fuck it. I'm playing what I want."

ha ha thats wassup mang! I think i told you before that has always been my problem with shows! I will play a set like yours and clear the floor and then some house dj will get up there and everybody will be going off ha ha....but fuck it i go home happy!

Back
Top Bottom