DnB What got you into Drum and Bass?

Bukem, Wax Doctor, Goldie, Foul Play, Hype, Optical, Ed Rush, Calibre, Dillinja so many artists and djs like Kenny Ken, Nicky Blackmarket, SS....

Bukem, Wax Doctor, Goldie, Foul Play, Hype, Optical, Ed Rush, Calibre, Dillinja so many artists and djs like Kenny Ken, Nicky Blackmarket, SS....

I mean more like what got you going more than the artists. The atmosphere of a rave, the sensation you get when the speakers pound on your eardrums etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean more like what got you going more than the artists. The atmosphere of a rave, the sensation you get when the speakers pound on your eardrums etc.

squat raves, used to go to psytrance, hardcore and techno raves until I got into drum and bass, when I used to go to these events was more about getting messy than the music. Then I started going to events with jungle / DNB playing and loved it, started listening to different types of DNB and from then on started mixing and producing.

Got a jungle mix tape by Mastervibe from a vendor at a rave probably around 95. Heard of it before that point but never listened to it before then. Got hooked and it was all down hill from there.

Walked into our computer room to ask dad if I could have some ice cream when I was 12 and heard "Granite" by Pendulum on a surfing video he was watching. That got me listening to pendulum, then I saw them live in late 2010, with ShockOne supporting. Shockone's set was just so exciting, the amount of different music that was in there. That's pretty much why I listen to dnb

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah as deegun said, Drugs and the company i kept... and then onto the artists

Torrenting "Hive" by accident instead of "The Hives." That shifted my music production and the forums I frequented eventually followed by going to shows when I was old enough.

Was at a mates house party, and there was an awesome CD tearing it out on the sound system. It was Andy C - Nightlife 2.

And from there it began.

I started uni that year, and there was a new weekly dnb night on Tuesday's called Run at a tiny club called Native. High Contrast was on the line up, went with a few mates and I was hooked. The rest is history.

Definitely feel like a veteran in the scene now at the grand old age of 27!

Was at a mates house party, and there was an awesome CD tearing it out on the sound system. It was Andy C - Nightlife 2.

And from there it began.

I started uni that year, and there was a new weekly dnb night on Tuesday's called Run at a tiny club called Native. High Contrast was on the line up, went with a few mates and I was hooked. The rest is history.

Definitely feel like a veteran in the scene now at the grand old age of 27!

That's weird cos a bunch of my mates are 30-32 ish and I feel like I missed all the best years :(

Back
Top Bottom