DnB Is 157 bpm too slow for a dnb track?

Melophobia

I'm working on something with a fairly complicated synth patch and it literally only works at 157 bpm. Is this acceptable for dnb? it's more on the jump up/neuro side if that makes a difference.

Hmm, I think you're probably fine there... If you think of halftime dnb (otherwise known as dubstep), this is 140bpm or even as low as 70 bpm from time to time. 157bpm is pretty much in the middle between dnb and halftime dnb so technically it would be three quarter time dnb and will still mix fine. :)

Thanks, but I found that if I bounce the file, drag it into a new project, then them speed that up to 174 bpm it works fine, but thats anyway.

Hmm, I think you're probably fine there... If you think of halftime dnb (otherwise known as dubstep), this is 140bpm or even as low as 70 bpm from time to time. 157bpm is pretty much in the middle between dnb and halftime dnb so technically it would be three quarter time dnb and will still mix fine. :)

Half time D&B isn't dubstep? Half time D&B is still 170-175 bpm (or 85-87.5 hence the word half). The 160 mark is where the likes of juke / footwork seem to sit.

Half time D&B isn't dubstep? Half time D&B is still 170-175 bpm (or 85-87.5 hence the word half). The 160 mark is where the likes of juke / footwork seem to sit.

tut tut, cool your boots mate, do not, i repeat, do not feed the troll. that there was blatant troll, in fact "dubstep = halftime dnb" is a classic troll setup, there is even a gif.

Back
Top Bottom