[Pinecone Moonshine 035] Cross Product :: Metro, Snaper, Dot Product, NicTVG, K-Chaos

tv_g

VIP Junglist
Pinecone Moonshine 035
Cross Product

pcms035-Cross_Product.jpg

https://pineconemoonshine.bandcamp.com/album/pcms035-cross-product

A. Dot Product - 56i 18j 144k (Metro Remix)
B. Snaper - Muted
C. Dot Product and Nic TVG - Brief
D. K-Chaos - Crackles of Fire

Metro returns to Pinecone Moonshine with a remix of Dot Product's droning 56i 18j 144k. The empty, ambient layers are successfully combined with sparse percussion adding a strong rhythmic dimension. Snaper also returns this time with a Dub Techno inspired piece. Sparse percussion puts Muted deceptively in the 170 tempo range. Delayed and reverbed tones, noise, and the rhythm all change gradually over seven minutes.
Dot Product's Brief is also Techno inspired sticking to a mostly a 4/4 pattern and elongated reverberations. Nic TVG provides additional percussion including a few glimpses of a drum roll. K-Chaos wraps up the release with Crackles of Fire. The intro makes use of the earlier concepts of 4/4 rhythm and quiet, atonal ambients before opening up into Drumfunk.

Thanks,
Nic

:wave:

- - - Updated - - -

And for the streamers, I have something for your winter playlists too:
http://open.spotify.com/album/3L0njfnwL1lO6aBpZ8i6kD

:)

Re: [Pinecone Moonshine 035] Cross Product :: Metro, Snaper, Dot Product, NicTVG, K-C

brilliant tunes, love the ambience. with the noise and the crackles. i hear a lot of burial in these tunes, is that fair to say? he said in an interview he layers fire crackle in everything he does,
so i started experimenting with natural ambiances in the back of songs. i found that people generally dont notice that its there, but they do notice when you take it away. funny.

Re: [Pinecone Moonshine 035] Cross Product :: Metro, Snaper, Dot Product, NicTVG, K-C

brilliant tunes, love the ambience. with the noise and the crackles. i hear a lot of burial in these tunes, is that fair to say? he said in an interview he layers fire crackle in everything he does,
so i started experimenting with natural ambiances in the back of songs. i found that people generally dont notice that its there, but they do notice when you take it away. funny.

Hadn't thought of Burial but I'm definitely into his vibe and aesthetic. :)
With the number of vinyl rips and field recordings already going into my tracks, I haven't thought about adding even more noise. Could be very pleasant with enough room between beats. You definitely have me thinking now...

Back
Top Bottom