Synthesising everything from scratch

uh so thats why it didnt work i had ableton running and it seemed to do nothing....

Ok so mabye halfway on the randomize subject, i definitely need to be doing something different for dnb because the sounds arent as easy to achieve. I like the look of that serum and didnt realize it was so cheap i think ill treat myself to that for christmas (oh and Ohmnicide because i miss it when i tried it on old 32bit version need 64 now)

- - - Updated - - -

uh so thats why it didnt work i had ableton running and it seemed to do nothing....

Ok so mabye halfway on the randomize subject, i definitely need to be doing something different for dnb because the sounds arent as easy to achieve. I like the look of that serum and didnt realize it was so cheap i think ill treat myself to that for christmas (oh and Ohmnicide because i miss it when i tried it on old 32bit version need 64 now)

- - - Updated - - -
Yeah, I tried that with massive, and it did nothing, as it exports a different file name with the parameters. Then a simple google search showed me you need this VST host, so you can load the patch, then save it inside the synth and then use the preset on the DAW, so you can properly listen to how it sounds (the last part is a speculation, as when I did that in massive, it changed the parameters, but no sound whatsoever)

I'll try it again today, with serum, sytrus and maybe another stock plugin from FL.

The hardest thing for me, on dnb, is getting the reeses right. Never could do one that sounded good enough. Of course, I'm always aiming at how noisia do their basses.

Yeah, I tried that with massive, and it did nothing, as it exports a different file name with the parameters. Then a simple google search showed me you need this VST host, so you can load the patch, then save it inside the synth and then use the preset on the DAW, so you can properly listen to how it sounds (the last part is a speculation, as when I did that in massive, it changed the parameters, but no sound whatsoever)

I'll try it again today, with serum, sytrus and maybe another stock plugin from FL.

The hardest thing for me, on dnb, is getting the reeses right. Never could do one that sounded good enough. Of course, I'm always aiming at how noisia do their basses.

My mates the same always about noisia i never really got noisia.

Im always trying to make a more liquid sound or analog for minimal. the analog i find the analog easier with the minibrute but liquid i dont get i always think dafuq he make that and assume its layers coupled with pads but never manage to get there myself. more time required i suppose but im good health so i got some of that

Anyway this guys Tuts are pretty good https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvbbElA9o8S2SCWKjqfl-zg

My mates the same always about noisia i never really got noisia.

Im always trying to make a more liquid sound or analog for minimal. the analog i find the analog easier with the minibrute but liquid i dont get i always think dafuq he make that and assume its layers coupled with pads but never manage to get there myself. more time required i suppose but im good health so i got some of that

Anyway this guys Tuts are pretty good https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvbbElA9o8S2SCWKjqfl-zg
I always liked the more heavy sound that's used on many neuro tunes out there, so that's I tried to emulate. But then I noticed I was taking too much time into the technical part of it and obviously failing miserably, and it was taking away my creativity. Now, with this dark ambient stuff I'm doing, the creativity just flows, you know? I can connect my emotions to the song.

I always liked the more heavy sound that's used on many neuro tunes out there, so that's I tried to emulate. But then I noticed I was taking too much time into the technical part of it and obviously failing miserably, and it was taking away my creativity. Now, with this dark ambient stuff I'm doing, the creativity just flows, you know? I can connect my emotions to the song.

I know and im inclined to say fuck it ill stick with ambient but my main goal when i started making music was dnb, ive mabye just got side tracked over the past 4 years or just older lol... but ill never give up.

Since I started getting into computer based music I've always made my own basses from scratch, which is why some are shit and some are totally original and quirky (and you know what a fine line that is right?!)
But yeah, this was the first time I've tried making all the drums and perc. I'm not really a tutorial watcher, although I had to watch one Seamless vid on how to get the body? (internal hollow sound) for a kick drum, and from that I played around with snares and toms and cowbells etc.
One thing perhaps that may be relevant, I've always been a one synth kind of person (Albino3...then Massive...now Serum) as in I spend ages getting to know one synth and I reckon that helps.

Obviously a balanced approach is always going to be better, but I was surprised how much I worked out in one month just by not using any samples and only using one synth. It was an interesting exercise anyway.

Been wanting to check blue2 out. How easy is that beast to learn?

It depends how you look at it. If you let's say wouldn't have ever used anything else than Albino3 or Sylenth or something rather simple, it can take some time.

Is it kinda like Albino 3 in a way?

Well, Blue1 was pretty much Albino and Predator combined + some additional stuff. Blue2 is like XXL version of Blue1 combined with FM8 and Massive.

It depends how you look at it. If you let's say wouldn't have ever used anything else than Albino3 or Sylenth or something rather simple, it can take some time.

Well, Blue1 was pretty much Albino and Predator combined + some additional stuff. Blue2 is like XXL version of Blue1 combined with FM8 and Massive.

Sounds like a beast for sure. Maybe if they have a decent demo I'll check it out. All the filter routing is kinda set up like albino right?

I can't believe they fully did away with albino.... Like, they didn't even give it away for free or sell it for 50 bucks or something. They just scrapped it all together. That thing wasn't too bad. Back in the day it was massive and albino everyone making DnB & dubstep used or wanted. NI still sells massive.... Although I wish they would make a massive 2, or make a cross bread of massive & FM8.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Back
Top Bottom