I like this...

That's a pretty good plugin, but I don't use it.

I use FL, so I basically put any wav file into the playlist, hit the "stretch" marker at the top left and drag the clip border until the desired lenght. I believe this works as well on other DAWs.

Add some crazy distortion, delay, reverb and bam. New ambient synth right there.

I use FL, so I basically put any wav file into the playlist, hit the "stretch" marker at the top left and drag the clip border until the desired lenght. I believe this works as well on other DAWs.

Add some crazy distortion, delay, reverb and bam. New ambient synth right there.

yeah i get ya ableton does the same... and tbh i cant argue with you over ambient you know what the score is there. but i like to play around i mean ok this pad is a bit boring as it is a quick blast through that app and a lot more harmonics come out...

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this works as well on other DAWs.
Doesn't for me on REAPER. If I try and stretch anything too much it stops sounding like it's supposed to.

I really like paulstretch, but it's workflow is absolutely terrible. It takes me so long to do anything.

yeah i get ya ableton does the same... and tbh i cant argue with you over ambient you know what the score is there. but i like to play around i mean ok this pad is a bit boring as it is a quick blast through that app and a lot more harmonics come out...

This pad is amazing, IMO! Kinda reminds me of the ambience songs of skyrim.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't for me on REAPER. If I try and stretch anything too much it stops sounding like it's supposed to.

I really like paulstretch, but it's workflow is absolutely terrible. It takes me so long to do anything.

when you overstretch a sound, I'll start to go down in pitch and lose it's harmonics. If you see the waveform after stretching, you'll notice that it'll more or less become a sine wave, or at least have a form that resembles a sine wave. Then that's when the distortion takes place. I use a multiband distortion over it, and lots of reverbs, delays, etc. It's amazing how different it sounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you overstretch a sound, I'll start to go down in pitch and lose it's harmonics. If you see the waveform after stretching, you'll notice that it'll more or less become a sine wave, or at least have a form that resembles a sine wave. Then that's when the distortion takes place. I use a multiband distortion over it, and lots of reverbs, delays, etc. It's amazing how different it sounds.

Sure, I can do processing and probably make it sound cool, but this misses the point: I want it to sound like the original but slowed down a lot. This is why paulstretch is great, because it's really clean and sounds just as good as the sample you put in.

Sure, I can do processing and probably make it sound cool, but this misses the point: I want it to sound like the original but slowed down a lot. This is why paulstretch is great, because it's really clean and sounds just as good as the sample you put in.
Well, you can always record a sample at a lower BPM than your track and stick it into the project. But I didn't have good experiences doing this, specially when trying to remix a dnb at a dubstep tempo, of course involving vocals.

I used to mess with this program years ago... Had some pretty cool results. I might have to DL it again and mess around.

I do remember cranking the stretch bar all the way up, hitting go and having my computer eat shit.... If your computer isn't stacked, I'd stay away from stretching hella long files as max strechyness, lol.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

downloaded it but my pc is shite so it kinda just crashes.lol

Is there more to what you do to achieve your sounds? Iv'e been trying to make some ambient tracks for a while... do you use fl standard FX or other ones?

just messing around on audacity and it has a paulstretch function its pretty basic but it works quite nice

Back
Top Bottom