TFR Kotelnikov compressor

Installed both, will play with them this weekend. Thanks for the heads up gents!

They also have a free Feedback Compressor i downloaded...
...I've never heard of/used a feedback compressor before, can anyone enlighten me as to what it does?

"Most modern compressors analyze the input signal to control gain reduction, using a “feed-forward” topology. TDR Feedback Compressor II, however, analyzes the output. This approach delivers an unobtrusive and highly musical compression characteristic."
- TDR's blurb about it.

So it compresses the input signal based on the (already-compressed) output? wut? Maybe when I try it out i'll understand it more..

Sweet :) stoked to try em, still haven't got the chance. D'you give that feedback 'pressor thing a shot logikz? / any clue what a feedback compressor is?

Apparantly feedback compressors sound smoother but feedforward ones are more accurate, which is why the 'normal' compressors are feedforward. Sounds a little bit like analogue v digital to me.
Really old compressors and emulations of them tend to be feedback.

I guess feedback can't have a very short attack time because the signal has to go through the compressor before it starts to be compressed? (if that makes sense)

If you get reacomp or blockfish (both free), you can switch between feedforward and feedback and try and hear the difference.

Downloading and installing now, but won't get to try it out until later. The Tokyo Dawn stuff is usually pretty wonderful, although it is fairly weighty on my CPU.

Back
Top Bottom