Noise gates for Breaks

PremEyE

Hello-
Can anyone recommend a excellent quality gate plugin for Breaks processing?
Are all gates created equal or is there one more geared towards this type of processing?
Is a gate even necessary for processing breaks?
Any other methods better suited for cleaning them up?
DMG COMPassion? Pro G?
Any help one could offer would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Prem

Also for example NI Transient Master works like a charm, you can clean unwanted mess with it. SPL has a plugin like that aswell.

These work so that they leave the transients and by decreasing the "room" "decay" whatever its called in the plugin, you lower the volume of the stuff following the transient. Ive found these incredibly useful with breaks

There are so many ways to do it, but to address your question, where gates are concerned, I'm get to find a VST/Plugin that perfumes to any advanced level over those which appear in most DAW's. Like Mania said above, pairing it up with a Multiband Compressor is a great way to tighten breaks up.

Thanks for your suggestions.

How would you pair a gate up with a multiband compressor?

I will check out a transient designer also.

Thanks again,
Prem

Thanks for your suggestions.

How would you pair a gate up with a multiband compressor?

I will check out a transient designer also.

Thanks again,
Prem
Use a gate or transient designer for overall volume control of the break (transient designers are based on transient and sustain, while gates are based on letting volume through via an envelope response), then use multiband compressors to treat specific frequencies.

you can get similar-ish results from using a gate, using a transient shaper or like kama said, to use adsr in the sampler (play with the decay). I prefer using a transient shaper because you can go to opposite ends of the spectrum with it, from short stabby decay or the opposite to a long and almost reverby release.

if you are in Ableton, tweeking the Beat time-stretch algorithm produces awesome results, far better than any Gate :)

Back
Top Bottom