Hi, my name is.. -What? My name is.. -Who? My name is…

chika chika… Slim Shad… whoops i mean Alien Exposure… hehe :)
So I've ended up on this forum on various occasions throughout my searches of tutorials and other helpful stuff for Drum and Bass production and i've come to the conclusion that i should join up and become a part of da community :teeth:

Ive been producing for just over year and i specifically produce drum and bass, and as many producers, i also DJ.
Looking forward to spending time with you peeps in the forum! :D

Also if any of you still give a crap and want to listen to a few badly eq'ed synths, over compressed basslines layered over cheap drum hits and tear-inducing atmospherics (and not the good kind of tears) then i'll just leave this here :teeth: https://soundcloud.com/alien-exposure

All jokes aside i do actually put effort in to my music hehe Here's a song in progress that's currently on private too :
https://soundcloud.com/alien-exposure/alien-exposure-airwave-demo

Cheers, and to avoid confusion, if you looked at the sound cloud link, the first songs i uploaded are under the name DinoSaw because that used to be my name and I've left them as that because i consider them a different era of productions from my ones under this new alias…
Peace!

hey buddy, welcome! i checked out robot call, on the plus side, musically, its really good, got all the intervals right and the little clickety bits firing off and when it stops here and there, and all that good stuff.

on the negative side, the mixdown and engineering could be better.

i respect music more than technology, but neuro is really quite focused on engineering, its a pretty big part of the sound.

Cheers logikz, i really appreciate your feedback! Constructive criticism always was better than mindless approval haha! I realise i have a lot of work on my engineering and mixing techniques but hey, thats why I joined the forum after all.
Thanks again!

your neuro is dope man, youre clearly no amateur, thats not at all what im saying. if you want more feedback on something special, feel free to PM me with the streaming link and whatever info you want to put on a first time listener.
´
youve probably heard this before, but an emu sampler is a prettyg ood investment if youre into making neuro, i have one, and its like it has a will of its own, if you just sit down with the it, close your eyes, and relax for a minute, a warpy neuro lead will inexpicably materialize when you hit the audition button. im joking, but i also happen to be quoting someone important.

it is in no way necesary. but my god it really sounds credible. its not really that hard to get that sound without one, but its much quicker to get the emu sound, if you get an emu. as it were.

i spelled it neuwro wqhich seemed comical to me a moment ago, and now i dont know why.

Thanks a bunch man! Yeah no id actually never heard of an emu sampler… i've heard of samplers and although i have the sampler from ableton and the kontakt5 vst but i have no idea how to use them…

After doing a quick google search I see that emu samplers are (obviously) hardware but i have no hardware as of yet in my bedroom "studio" :teeth: just an akai midi keyboard… so i have no idea how i would use said piece of hardware and send the product back in to ableton… id probably need an audio interface? alas i have no idea… perhaps some well needed enlightenment from yourself? as you seem like a savvy type… what emu sampler do you have by the way?

Thank you for your help man!

i do have one, yes, the e6400, and it is awesome. back when i was making dnb i would use it for pretty much everything. you can control it via midi, so you do need a soundcard with midi and some audio ins and outs, i think there are soundcards like that (m-audio LT1010 i think is like that) but audio interfaces are very cheap these days, so you might as well spring for one, it really is worth it when you get those audio out/ins in your daw, and can start using guitar pedals and cassettes to resample with, and record acoustic instruments and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom