DNB Awards

Emperor as best newcomer DJ too!? He's been around for time and is more a producer than DJ am I wrong!? MistanoiZe should have got that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as Noisia are obviously amazing incredible producers, I dont think they should have won that award. They only put out the Purpose EP (and some remixes i think, correct me if im wrong) which I didnt think was their best work (in my opinion anyway). Just thought Id throw that out there

As much as Noisia are obviously amazing incredible producers, I dont think they should have won that award. They only put out the Purpose EP (and some remixes i think, correct me if im wrong) which I didnt think was their best work (in my opinion anyway). Just thought Id throw that out there

Yeah agreed, they are good but I'm much more into Calbire at the moment.

S.P.Y - Back To Basics should've won for best album IMO.. and it's disheartening that Mefjus didn't win any awards this year :/

Saw some of the results this morning. When I made the other thread about this I was expecting a bit more of a true representation of the DnB scene then Sigma won best tune.
I honestly do like "Nobody To Love" but to think that the DnB community voted for it is surprising and disappointing. I thought only people who really care about DnB would vote, but that CAN'T be the case.

Also Eat The Rich was kinda boring aside from a few tunes in my opinion.
Congrats to Maduk on his award though.

The whole thing was a bit of a shock really, I was really surprised at what won and what I didn't even see nominated in the top 5. Odd night, Tony C and Andy C good guys though!!!

Saw some of the results this morning. When I made the other thread about this I was expecting a bit more of a true representation of the DnB scene then Sigma won best tune.
I honestly do like "Nobody To Love" but to think that the DnB community voted for it is surprising and disappointing. I thought only people who really care about DnB would vote, but that CAN'T be the case.

Well this is the point I was making in the other thread. These awards aren't a true representation of the DnB community. It's just who's the most popular "song", "label", "night", "DJ" whatever and if the nominated people care enough to ask people to vote for them they win. Very simple.
All publicly voted awards are a joke, but hey DnB is the winner :uberlaugh

Well this is the point I was making in the other thread. These awards aren't a true representation of the DnB community. It's just who's the most popular "song", "label", "night", "DJ" whatever and if the nominated people care enough to ask people to vote for them they win. Very simple.
All publicly voted awards are a joke, but hey DnB is the winner :uberlaugh

Couldn't agree more.

Remarkable that state of mine and sigma won though. People who vote for one surely wouldn't vote for the other.

To be fair, these awards were better than last year where only Hospital and RAM won. Most of the winners this year are fair enough, it's just best track, album and producer which were completely off in my opinion.

Emperor winning best newcomer dj was a bit of a joke. He's been playing in Fabric frequently for the past couple of years.

Tbh, Mistanoize should have won it. And he wasnt even fucking nominated...
The work he has done this year putting out all the history mixes has been outstanding!

Back
Top Bottom