looking for some portable DJing options

iamcluster12

Hey everybody,

I have been producing for a while now and am looking at getting into the DJing side of things too, I am away from home 80% of the time so am looking for a portable option I could learn the ins and out of DJing on, and suggestions would be great. Thanks :)

If its portability you are after then you should look at a laptop and DJ controller.

Which Dj Controller you choose is completely dependant on what your budget is.

How are you wanting to spend on it?

Consider reposting this in the DJ/Turntablism forum as well if you haven't already.

I agree with Gloxxy, laptop + controller will definitely be the way for you to go, by far the most compact option.
I've got a Traktor Kontrol S4 (the original version) n i love it. Faders could be a bit nicer, but i've learned tons by using it. Grabbed it used for 300$CDN from a buddy.

if you want a truly portable digital dj solution, then you want to ditch the laptop altogether (its a damn waste of hardware to mix tunes on anyways...and do you really want some drunk tit dropping their drink on it?)

Pioneer have a few standalone digital dj options, including Aero XDJ (can work standalone from USB sticks, and also as a controller for a computer mix), and their upcoming range of "pro" CD-less turntables...worth a look.

traktors days are number imo...it is still widely used, but if you want to go that route, def recommend you get a cheap (but fairly powerful) laptop, don't use your main/only laptop

I had a Stanton SCS-4DJ standalone dj unit which was quite decent, they're about £400 brand new but I've seen second hand ones go for about £250.

I saw a Pioneer Wego in the shop the other day, shocked at how small it was. Most portable thing I saw!

Back
Top Bottom