Looking for simple breaks tracks for a vocalist

B.Mama

Hello any and everyone.
I've been browsing the forum and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I am looking for a couple of 2+ minute tracks of the standard breaks used in drum and bass.
I would like to finally get rid of the songs that have been playing on repeat in my head and I want to post them in a way if anyone thinks they are any good, it can be somewhat usable.
Using someone's pre-existing track is an option but in reality I don't want to step on anyone's toes or risk infuriating them (especially if they think my song sucks or is not a good match to their song LOL).

I find that a lot of my songs do come out easier when paired with simple track rather than a metronome.
When I get inspired I tend to just draft record the song acappella to preserve the words and basic melody for further development. Sometimes putting it to music after can be tough. I`m also wise enough to know that sometimes I`m not really on beat either, singing without any tempo is the background can be hard.

I also want to know: When dealing with a vocal track, how do producers prefer to receive them? Strictly only the vocal or with a sample beat (or metronome timing) behind it.
I have friends with studios where I could create a high quality track but I don`t want to waste their time (and my money) until I have my vocals right.

Thanks in advance to all that answer.

Last edited:
Thanks, But the only break beat for dnb I know is the Amen.
I would like to have a bit of variety but sadly I don`t know the names to even look for them (and some of names I know aren`t even correct).
If you could provide me with a couple of technical terms to narrow down the huge amount of search results for Break beat... man, I would soo appreciate it.

I could try to learn a loop program to use the samples I`ve seen listed but I was hoping that someone may just have longer tracks. I would prefer to be a vocalist, learning any of the production programs would be a biting off a lot more than I can chew right now. I am trying to keep it as simple as possible for this once again novice. It`s been well over a decade since I`ve done any music work and I am trying to squeeze in my vocal lessons (and homework) into already hectic schedule. I haven`t run across any vocal teachers that create or work with dnb, so if I want to work on the songs I have written I need to be prepared with some music. Otherwise I am going to be making them into the traditional mainstream formats to be converted into dnb.

I also want to know: When dealing with a vocal track, how do producers prefer to receive them? Strictly only the vocal or with a sample beat (or metronome timing) behind it.
I have friends with studios where I could create a high quality track but I don`t want to waste their time (and my money) until I have my vocals right.

Thanks in advance to all that answer.

Always vocal tracks wana be clean with nothing but vocals. Generally vocalists have the track playing in headphones and record, just watch out for bleed if you're deaf as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

If you could provide me with a couple of technical terms to narrow down the huge amount of search results for Break beat... man, I would soo appreciate it.

I could try to learn a loop program to use the samples I`ve seen listed but I was hoping that someone may just have longer tracks. I would prefer to be a vocalist, learning any of the production programs would be a biting off a lot more than I can chew right now. I am trying to keep it as simple as possible for this once again novice. It`s been well over a decade since I`ve done any music work and I am trying to squeeze in my vocal lessons (and homework) into already hectic schedule. I haven`t run across any vocal teachers that create or work with dnb, so if I want to work on the songs I have written I need to be prepared with some music. Otherwise I am going to be making them into the traditional mainstream formats to be converted into dnb.

I think your best bet is to just find a track from the link below and use that as a backing track and get some stuff out on Soundcloud. Once you have a little portfolio you can start hitting up producers with your demos etc and see if they want to work with you.

http://www.dnbforum.com/showthread.php/66815-The-Free-mp3-Thread/page80

Many Thanks Russla for your responses!
That's a ton of music to sort through but at least I know there will to be at least 10 tracks I will be able to use as a template for future sounds.

Many thanks again!

Many Thanks Russla for your responses!
That's a ton of music to sort through but at least I know there will to be at least 10 tracks I will be able to use as a template for future sounds.

Many thanks again!

yeh man with free tracks you can do pretty much whatever you want in terms of layering a vocal over the top etc for demos, as long as you don't try to resell it obvs. Just be sure to credit and link them up with the track you upload (y)

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.blumarten.com/free-stuff/junglejungle/

not sure if you saw this in the other thread but just simply looping one of these breaks would suffice, anyone who you know who makes tunes would happily program this for you, it'd take minutes depending on how simple/complex you want it

Back
Top Bottom