Andy C talks about Bensley and how artists got signed to RAM

Mania

i fukin wot m8
VIP Junglist
realllly interesting

When will Bensley make his debut?

(kei ‏@kei_st)

It’s coming soon! I haven’t got a definite date yet, but when his debut drops it’s going to blow peoples’ minds! It’s great that people are interested and want to know about him because he’s never released anything. I still remember the day the guys in the office first put on his demos. Everyone was like ‘WTF is that?!?’ He is such a talented kid! So we’re formulating a plan and you’ll soon see why we’ve gone nuts for him.

He’s proof that sending demos to a label works. We have a mantra at Ram that we have to listen to everything we get sent. Ray and Jim in the office are bang on it all of the time. We all are. I signed Sub Focus off a demo CD, Culture Shock sent me a tune without a name or contact details. It was Vice Chase, his first release. I actually dropped it in Fabric and he came up to me at the bar a bit later. He was like ‘you played my tune!’ Because it had no name or lyrics or anything it took me ages to work out which one it was but we did and I signed up him a week or so later.

It was the same with Rene LaVice – he didn’t put his name to his demos so I had to hunt him down all the way to Canada. That’s the name of the game; amazing new artists aren’t going to come and slap you in the face, you’ve got to actively track the best down and get them on side. You’ve got to take the time to listen to every demo – there’s so much untapped talent out there it’s unreal.

http://ukf.com/words/youkf-andy-c/

Culture Shock sent me a tune without a name or contact details. It was Vice Chase, his first release. I actually dropped it in Fabric and he came up to me at the bar a bit later. He was like ‘you played my tune!’ Because it had no name or lyrics or anything it took me ages to work out which one it was but we did and I signed up him a week or so later.

Ha! Good shit

I've asked Bensley about his tunes in the All Night mix at facebook and he said we'll be surprised what is his first release going to be...so I'm guessing either EP or even album, which would be fucking nuts. In any case, I want it asap :D

I've asked Bensley about his tunes in the All Night mix at facebook and he said we'll be surprised what is his first release going to be...so I'm guessing either EP or even album, which would be fucking nuts. In any case, I want it asap :D

The hype train is large on Bensley, hopefully it's not an anticlimax

Pretty silly to send demos in without any contact details

Imagine what these artists would be doing with their lives had Ram not hunted them down. They could have be working in B&Q

Pretty silly to send demos in without any contact details

Imagine what these artists would be doing with their lives had Ram not hunted them down. They could have be working in B&Q

Sub Focus did as well, really badly written on a CD or something.

Its obvious modesty that prevails

it adds an air of mystery that makes it pseudo desirable.
think about it like women. if shes difficult to spread you somehow want it more. human nature.

its probably all bollox tho, just so they can have a nice little story that you've all eaten up.
or its just a ploy to get 2 bit teenage producers to send demos without contact details, just so they don't feel bad about not getting back to them about their wobs.

Anywho, are his tracks actually any good or are they synth pop primark dnb?

Back
Top Bottom