Some thoughts on "mainstream" Drum and bass.

Re: Some thoughts on "mainstream" Drum and bass.

Sigma suck balls! Haven't made a decent track since All Blue and El Presente

Hm, that's funny isn't it.

That's the same thing I said about Pendulum that de-railed my thread.

It's against forum rules to have an opinion you know. :carlton:

- - - Updated - - -

So, can we listen to Metallica's Load and Reload now that this was settled?

:boom:

Last edited:
Hollee fuck. How'd you know about those two? Really?

U wot mate - Ai Se Eu Te Pego! topped the charts everywhere in middle/southern Europe in 2011 and was one of the most annoying songs I have ever encountered in my life, EVER.

Same with Tchê tcherere tchê tchê Guevara in 2012.

Horrible :D

Re: Some thoughts on "mainstream" Drum and bass.

Hm, that's funny isn't it.

That's the same thing I said about Pendulum that de-railed my thread.

It's against forum rules to have an opinion you know. :carlton:

- - - Updated - - -

:boom:

I'm not trying to be funny. Stating my opinion. As far as I am concerned my opinion is correct.

You said Pendulum were shit 'from the get go' when in fact you meant 'they went shit when they released insilico' they are two very different statements! Especially when most dnb heads know that Pendulum made some belting tracks early in their career, they then chose to take a different direction than DNB.

Not being a dick here but... i never liked anything pendulum, just pointing that out doesnt effect the thread just my opinion.

Not being a dick here but... i never liked anything pendulum, just pointing that out doesnt effect the thread just my opinion.

Even their early releases?

Vault? Spiral? Back 2 You? Still Grey? Another Planet? Tarantula? The Terminal? Masochist? Voodoo People Remix?

Even their early releases?

Vault? Spiral? Back 2 You? Still Grey? Another Planet? Tarantula? The Terminal? Masochist? Voodoo People Remix?

I was too into hospital back then i think, never liked his guitar dnb sound although admittedly i possible haven't listened to all of his stuff

I would check the above tracks by them, possibly if you liked Hospital at the time you would of enjoyed Still Grey

U wot mate - Ai Se Eu Te Pego! topped the charts everywhere in middle/southern Europe in 2011 and was one of the most annoying songs I have ever encountered in my life, EVER.

Same with Tchê tcherere tchê tchê Guevara in 2012.

Horrible :D
And that's why I feel proud to be brazilian! NOT.

Really?

I would check the above tracks by them, possibly if you liked Hospital at the time you would of enjoyed Still Grey

why dont i just listen now critique and post and see...

Hmmm not spectacular i remmeber thinking when i listened to this album it was just too happy... although i did check out Spiral and thought oh remember that one but i think its his voice listening now that i dnt like. just not for me i suppose.

Lets think about this for a minute though mainstream dnb really first come about with shy FX shake ya body wasnt it? its a good tune so is sigma newest one but just a bit happy again its just happy dnb isnt it...

Like this is shit hot for driving a ton down the motorway regardless of popularity yeah... oh and [MENTION=98391]Reefleks[/MENTION] says "TOPBOX" WTF he on about? :::: naw "TALKBOX" ripoff he says i dunno

Last edited by a moderator:
The first dnb/jungle track to be ridiculed for going commercial is General Levi - Incredible

Its something that will continue until the end of time. Truth is people who are part of underground scenes like the fact its underground. It guess it makes you feel a bit special because you get to enjoy it and not everyone knows about. So when an artist gets big and everyone starts listening to them it loses that special feeling.

The first dnb/jungle track to be ridiculed for going commercial is General Levi - Incredible

Oh yeah forgot about

TUUUUNE IMO no ridicule man... funny thinking about driving an old R5 with it blaring out some old rockford fosgate 15 inch subs hahahah :D

Ive figured it out drunk... right if your in a proper jungle/dnb venue its all good but if someone drops some mainstream stuff its like cunt killed it, But if your just down your regular club with the usual gash playing and they drop sigma yer like woah elbows oUT !!! lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Its something that will continue until the end of time. Truth is people who are part of underground scenes like the fact its underground. It guess it makes you feel a bit special because you get to enjoy it and not everyone knows about. So when an artist gets big and everyone starts listening to them it loses that special feeling.
'hipster'

'hipster'

I didn't say me. I've never been that bothered about it. I actually loved it when I used to get dragged to an indi club by my mates then you'd get the odd DNB track dropped or even Skreams remix of In For The Kill

See most of my mates don't listen to dnb or dubstep, so unless I was willing to go on my own, the dnb nights I attended were few and far between

I find it funny how drum & bass and dubstep, and probably every other edm genre has this same issue: There's the "old school" people who start to hate every artist who adds something more to their songs than drum beat and a bassline. Swire and Gareth from Pendulum has said that they got tired of being so limited because all the "taboos" which drum & bass has, like for example having guitar sounds in their tracks, or trance-esque leads, so they started to run against it almost on purpose.

Why does every track has to be just made of breaks, some one shot drum hits, and low end bassline? Comment from someone above stating that In Silico isn't drum & bass, is like saying that Billy Talent isn't rock.

And for fucks sake the money issue? Seriously there's so small amounts of money in dnb or dubstep compared to pop, or even mainstream house that this shit is ridiculous. Rob Swire is a decent singer, they had guitarist, bassist and drummer. If Pendulum only wanted to make shit loads of money, they could have started making completely commercial pop/rock, not a dnb/rock/metal fusion thingy. Same goes for Skrillex, who could start to make Avicii style tunes, instead of stuff that 80% of house fans hate.

I'd go crazy if I were forced to make every tune out of sine wave/low passed square and already 10000000000000 times recycled jungle breaks, 808s and 909s. I wouldn't ever started listening to guys like Evol Intent, Blu Mar Ten, Netsky, Sub Focus, pretty much any dnb artist, if I haven't heard Pendulum tracks and being like "damn this is fast, what the hell is this?", and googled it and found out that there's a whole genre called drum and bass.

I just can't believe how there's shit like Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Martin Garrix etc. and dnb is already so small, but no we have to decide that every artist bringing something new to the table is shit, and only wants money, and anyone who says otherwise needs to be instantly assaulted, making sure people new to dnb never even get interested in the old school dnb, when the half of the community are still living in 90s.

Back
Top Bottom