Pioneer just scrapped the CD player

This is the best idea ever, I've been waiting for them to do this for ages. I fucking hate burning CD's, don't want a controller, all I want is a box I can stick a USB stick into and use to play tunes off, and while that's been possible for ages the price of all the things that do that has been artificially elevated because, unfathomably, people seem to actually like burning CD's.

And your happy to spend £1649 and carry two of these to the club (that inevitably isn't ready to fork out for a pair of these yet)?

The Pioneer XDJ-Aero doesnt get talked about much for some reason, but is a cheaper option at £800 if you wanna go usb only;

image.ashx

fuck scrapping the CD player what about NI "scrapping" the jog wheel!

img-TRAKTOR_KONTROL_S8_overview_01_gallery-intro_01-8eae2d21e753154d64536852a73471d3-d.jpg
No jog wheels is fine. No pitch slider is a deal breaker for me. It's a sync machine. I don't have any problem whatsoever with sync. Good dj'ing is about a lot more than beatmatching. I just find it incredibly boring to not beatmatch.

Haha, that video. "Illuminated USB-Port". Now finally something revolutionary from Pioneer...

It's actually a good idea. When you're playing on the 2000s in a dark club, it's a bit of a mission trying to find the port quick.

Fuck sake I feel old. Technology is getting too advanced. All I want to know is will it be able to suck me off or not?

Excuse the potentially stupid question, but I thought the only reason anyone kept vinyl around at all was because many people feel it has warmth or character that a purely digital workflow lacks (and represents a creative choice, much like you can "simulate" black-and-white film but it's not the same as the real thing).

If you're using lossless compression formats, what's the point of keeping CDs around at all? The neat shiny look of the discs? The durability of only using expensive, archival-quality gold CDRWs? Or is there something about CDs that I'm just ignorant about? I'm not really a DJ, so I freely admit I might just be missing something...

I just don't understand the current trend of djing, being a dnb vinyl user...

If im not getting the exact vinyl feel, why will I pay $$$ for a huge USB controller if I can load my computer combined with a midi controller. I'm sure I have all my tunes with me and the onscreen infomation is much better.

I remember one friend had this one and it was fun

http://www.prodj.com.ua/img/img1b/2009/06/20090605110104.jpg

If you're using lossless compression formats, what's the point of keeping CDs around at all?

There really is no point when you put it that way, but some people feel the need to have something physical as a representation of their work. I'm a sucker for CD sleeves with the artwork and all that. It just feels like the product is complete to me. As I've transitioned from vinyl to digital, much of the tracks I buy online seem...disposable...Just a bunch of 0s and 1s. I don't feel like that when I hold a piece of vinyl. Especially with a nice sleeve cover.

Back
Top Bottom