Pioneer just scrapped the CD player

Vanden

-nieuwenhuysen
VIP Junglist
Thoughts?

http://pioneerdj.com/english/smp/products/player/xdj-1000.html

zoom_xdj_1000_2_l.jpg

£829 each at https://www.decks.co.uk/products/cdplayers/pioneer/XDJ1000#.VGSdLPSsXAP

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like vinyl yea?

Oh wait...

I don't think any music format will become completely obsolete personally. I still like mini disc and I still have a box full of d90's! I do however believe that retail cd's must be at an all time low in there 30 years existence now? I'd imagine blank cd's are bigger sellers than retail.

I remember my dad buying a cd player in 1984. It was the size of a double decker bus but it was awesome brand new technology!!!!

Also why would they release a non cd cdj? It doesn't really make sense to me. Surely you'd buy 1 controller that does it all for the same price?

This is the best idea ever, I've been waiting for them to do this for ages. I fucking hate burning CD's, don't want a controller, all I want is a box I can stick a USB stick into and use to play tunes off, and while that's been possible for ages the price of all the things that do that has been artificially elevated because, unfathomably, people seem to actually like burning CD's.

This is the best idea ever, I've been waiting for them to do this for ages. I fucking hate burning CD's, don't want a controller, all I want is a box I can stick a USB stick into and use to play tunes off, and while that's been possible for ages the price of all the things that do that has been artificially elevated because, unfathomably, people seem to actually like burning CD's.
850s, 900s?

You don't have to go near a cd on previous incarnations. Now they've just removed the ability to altogether and inevitably left of some pretty good features so that they can release a nexus type version of this in a year or two.

the cd dying out argument isn't the same in any way as the vinyl one (in terms of playing out)

It still has the same functionality, as long as the platter, vinyl mode and pitch slider are there I'm happy. "I'm gonna miss burning cds" said no one ever

People still play cd's? Most people I know have been on USB for ages.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, this thing is a controller.

Back
Top Bottom