The most underrated software synth.

LG18

What's yours? Mine is Zebra.

Zebra is a fantastic synth. In my opinion, one of the best, if not the most advanced software synthesizer out there.

People are still coming up with awesome ways to design the reese bass, and Zebra is such a great tool for this.
You can even draw your own wave forms.

i always found synth1 very underrated. someone somewhere might have said its based on nord lead but i find that hard to believe. now orangator, thats a fucking synth, thats software magic, that. i used to get my sinus basses, like dull booms and drop basses from there but thats all, and then i downloaded a patch which was this utterly lush LTJ bukem style pad that was gated, so you can imagine the versatility of that thing. its just an utter headfuck to get into.

i always found synth1 very underrated. someone somewhere might have said its based on nord lead but i find that hard to believe. now orangator, thats a fucking synth, thats software magic, that. i used to get my sinus basses, like dull booms and drop basses from there but thats all, and then i downloaded a patch which was this utterly lush LTJ bukem style pad that was gated, so you can imagine the versatility of that thing. its just an utter headfuck to get into.

Agreed on Synth1.

Never heard of orangator, I'll have to check that out.

I totally understand what you mean about them being incredibly difficult to get into.
I think allot of that also is to do with the lack of documentation about them.

For example, Massive is nothing special, sonically, but that, and sometimes FM8, are the only two that ever get tutorials and are talked about.
Zebra trumps both of them by a long shot in my opinion, but I can barely make anything in it because there's no where to learn, and I guess that will be the same thing with the one you mentioned too.

Sugar Bytes Cyclop is also another very unique synth, especially for drum and bass. The filters and numerous modulation possibilities are fantastic for designing reese-esk sounds.

ok, cyclops you say, ill have to check that out. oh yeah man freeware, always freeware. and youll understand when you see orangator, ill bet youll take one look, go wtf and delete it. if you find it, that is. and its only 2.6 mb. but if you browse the presets, youll start to realize that synth is actually the genesis of all sound on earth.

we should have a competition with who can do the dopest preset, that would be soooo much fun. only i dont think anyone would enter. maybe i should probe the interest for that

another synth thats underrated is juno6. oldie but fuckin fan tastic. not freeware though, and the demo has that silence every 30 seconds or whatever, but that would be a synth i could see myself paying for. i tend to think freeware is more than enough these days, partly because im really into resampling, DIY, and also, warez is illegal, so no warez talk allowed on the forum. figured id mention before someone says something related, because someone inevitably does.

abletons Operator. can make some propa filthy noises...tends to need warming up allot, but the filters make me wet

ok, cyclops you say, ill have to check that out. oh yeah man freeware, always freeware. and youll understand when you see orangator, ill bet youll take one look, go wtf and delete it. if you find it, that is. and its only 2.6 mb. but if you browse the presets, youll start to realize that synth is actually the genesis of all sound on earth.

we should have a competition with who can do the dopest preset, that would be soooo much fun. only i dont think anyone would enter. maybe i should probe the interest for that

another synth thats underrated is juno6. oldie but fuckin fan tastic. not freeware though, and the demo has that silence every 30 seconds or whatever, but that would be a synth i could see myself paying for. i tend to think freeware is more than enough these days, partly because im really into resampling, DIY, and also, warez is illegal, so no warez talk allowed on the forum. figured id mention before someone says something related, because someone inevitably does.

That would be an excellent competition!

Checked out Orangator, windows only and unfortunately I'm using OSX.
I'm going to have to set up an old laptop to run this stuff I think.

Juno 6 is another excelent one too. I have one of the original Juno keyboards, the 60, and it's phenomenal.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool choices, synth 1 seems to be popping up allot, and with reason, It's an excellent instrument.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, I think Logic's stuff is pretty underrated too.

I've used ES2 for reese sounds on a number of occasions. Add Logic's guitar amp pro to the effects chain and you've got yourself some excellent possibilities for dnb production.

yeah. did you download orangator yet? yes, its the one you find when you google it

I did. It's windows only unfortunately though. That goes for allot of the free ware stuff too actually. I'm going to put it on a windows laptop tomorrow.

[MENTION=927]Reactor Grits[/MENTION] [MENTION=65]Serum[/MENTION] orangator contest? who can make the dopest preset? LG18 here is down and then probably some other poor schmuck thats never seen that atrocity of a soft synth. itll be fun, promise!! maybe even get ali in on it? from what i hear he was quite the wiz with it. per aspera ad inferi

abletons Operator. can make some propa filthy noises...tends to need warming up allot, but the filters make me wet

I used operator once, it took ten minutes and only a few steps to make a bass that was better than anything I could do in reason.

Can you link to the lush pad patch? Sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom