Xtrah & DLR - Direct Approach

Yes seriously. You're calling this a rip off when it's really a homage; you're saying this doesn't work but if you heard it in the dance you would know how killer it is...

My question was directed at your statement about ram records. Really don't know how you came to that conclusion. Homage or not, I think it is unoriginal and unnecessary. That's my opinion of course. You don't know what I've heard, in what dance do you.

My question was directed at your statement about ram records. Really don't know how you came to that conclusion. Homage or not, I think it is unoriginal and unnecessary. That's my opinion of course. You don't know what I've heard, in what dance do you.

Hush ya gums

Yes seriously. You're calling this a rip off when it's really a homage; you're saying this doesn't work but if you heard it in the dance you would know how killer it is...

I bet you neither "Homage" or "Direct Approach" were showed to the creators, they were ripped off. They'd hardly given their OK to this. Personally never had any problems with tracks that are similar but this is on another level both are straight recreations - I'm happy for you if you like it but I can't support something like that and have to voice it. Mr Happy is a fucking killer in the dance, I hate it... so I don't know what your argument is here? As for RAM I totally agree with you.

It's a good tune. Oh fuck someone used an Amen break. Better call the Winston's

It's influenced yes but it isn't a copy. There are so many tracks with one note bass lines.

Producers being a sound up to date all the time. Look at what Noisia used to make, it was like an updated version of Konflict or Stakka and Skynet

I bet you neither "Homage" or "Direct Approach" were showed to the creators, they were ripped off. They'd hardly given their OK to this. Personally never had any problems with tracks that are similar but this is on another level both are straight recreations - I'm happy for you if you like it but I can't support something like that and have to voice it. Mr Happy is a fucking killer in the dance, I hate it... so I don't know what your argument is here? As for RAM I totally agree with you.

You do realise the whole DNB scene was based upon sampling other peoples work don't you? from time to time you get tunes that are inspired by other tunes, much like you get people rinsing artist sample packs in their tunes, thats just how it works. Mr Happy is a poor analogy because its just shit; it works in the dance if you're 15.

glad we agree on something ref RAM though...

Please also bare in mind that the Mr Happy riff is basically the same as a riff in Pendulum - Slam where the vocal 'is this space really strong enough?'

from time to time you get tunes that are inspired by other tunes, much like you get people rinsing artist sample packs in their tunes, thats just how it works.

I disagree, there's no problem in sampling music from other people. But this is a different level.
I'd like to compare this to the "Kelle" case, he used a ton of samples of Enei's sample pack and it does sound similar to Enei but he didn't straight copied One Chance, recreated the main hook reused the same vocal but this is exactly the case here. IMO there's a limit.

You are a producer aren't you? Would you feel comfortable to put out a recreation of a classic you did? I don't only see a problem in artists doing that I especially dislike that big labels with rich history are sitting behind this and support those tracks.

I disagree, there's no problem in sampling music from other people. But this is a different level.
I'd like to compare this to the "Kelle" case, he used a ton of samples of Enei's sample pack and it does sound similar to Enei but he didn't straight copied One Chance, recreated the main hook reused the same vocal but this is exactly the case here. IMO there's a limit.

You are a producer aren't you? Would you feel comfortable to put out a recreation of a classic you did? I don't only see a problem in artists doing that I especially dislike that big labels with rich history are sitting behind this and support those tracks.

Immitation is the highest form of flattery, if I did produce a tune that someone enjoyed that much and wanted to pay homage to it, I would have no problem with it whatsoever.

I agree with te above. Stand out producers are always imitated. Look at what happened when Mefjus popped up. Even Icicle changed his sound a bit

Awaiting Ant's response here.

I didn't realise it was causing this much of a debate! Tunes nice for me. Good enough for 500 vinyl copies to sell out pretty much all before official release.

Jeeez. So much hate. I think its a big tune, and there are plenty of tunes which sound similar to each other. Just take it for what it is!

Opinions will be the death of me...

Also this thread is a cancer of the up my ass variety....it needs to be removed.

Back
Top Bottom