How to make a filtered down build-up interesting and fit?

Solace

VIP Junglist
So, I'm making a track now that has a filtered down buildup:
main bass lowpassed and opening up
drums same
and some small fx and distorted sounds that occur in the drop

The part comes after a part with drums, atmospheric stuff, fx, that stuff.

But I feel that when the filtered part kicks in, it loses much of the rollingness and flow that the first part had.

So any advice? Tips, tricks?
If it would be easier to understand, I want to post the intro of the track the hear what I'm talking about, just give a call

You need to transition from the first part in some way or another to the buildup, with risers, sweep, impacts, break edits, bass fx whatever works really. The rhythm of the rollingness cant just stop, you need to tease it towards a buildup section

So, I'm making a track now that has a filtered down buildup:
main bass lowpassed and opening up
drums same
and some small fx and distorted sounds that occur in the drop

The part comes after a part with drums, atmospheric stuff, fx, that stuff.

But I feel that when the filtered part kicks in, it loses much of the rollingness and flow that the first part had.

So any advice? Tips, tricks?
If it would be easier to understand, I want to post the intro of the track the hear what I'm talking about, just give a call

how are you doing the automation? avoid straight lines/linear movements, they often sound unnatural, try a curve, so the filter comes in a little slower at first, then faster towards the end

You need to transition from the first part in some way or another to the buildup, with risers, sweep, impacts, break edits, bass fx whatever works really. The rhythm of the rollingness cant just stop, you need to tease it towards a buildup section

Hmmm yea, maybe I should try this a little more. I have a few things like that going on, but maybe not enough...
I now went more with a 'here comes the drop - lol nope filtered buildup'- kinda thing, but maybe a smoother transition would/will work better

how are you doing the automation? avoid straight lines/linear movements, they often sound unnatural, try a curve, so the filter comes in a little slower at first, then faster towards the end

I agree on that one, I almost automatically change the curve of an automation when I create one

Back
Top Bottom