DRS Album

im avoiding previews, just wanna buy it coz i know ill like it.

only heard a little bit of the bun ya too thing, i wish each of them had a bit more time to get their flow going but im sure ill change my mind and im really feeling count to ten vip.

anyone bought the sampler vinyl? The quality of the mastering is quite poor imo. The View has got a really nasty top end hiss on the high hats, i noticed the same deal with the last sampler with count to ten.
A real shame, its such a lovely tune, but I dont wanna play it in my sets for fear of deafening the audience.

anyone bought the sampler vinyl? The quality of the mastering is quite poor imo. The View has got a really nasty top end hiss on the high hats, i noticed the same deal with the last sampler with count to ten.
A real shame, its such a lovely tune, but I dont wanna play it in my sets for fear of deafening the audience.

I'm really surprised by this. It's mastered by Beau. He can push them, but he didn't on this one. Certainly not to my ears.

I've been playing the same master for months without issue, do me a favour can you record some audio and mail me theleastsignificantbit@gmail.com and i'll see what I can do. Obviously manufacture can cause changes, but my test presses and full vesion seemed fine (my poor mixdown skills aside)

- - - Updated - - -

Also did you get it from bandcamp (i.e. wit free wavs) and do you find the same issue? I mean my hearing has taken a battering over the years but i just haven't noticed this.

P.S there is deliberate hiss in the intro, but that's dropped out by the time it drops.

I'm really surprised by this. It's mastered by Beau. He can push them, but he didn't on this one. Certainly not to my ears.

I've been playing the same master for months without issue, do me a favour can you record some audio and mail me theleastsignificantbit@gmail.com and i'll see what I can do. Obviously manufacture can cause changes, but my test presses and full vesion seemed fine (my poor mixdown skills aside)

- - - Updated - - -

Also did you get it from bandcamp (i.e. wit free wavs) and do you find the same issue? I mean my hearing has taken a battering over the years but i just haven't noticed this.

P.S there is deliberate hiss in the intro, but that's dropped out by the time it drops.

Cheers for the reply man, i'll get a quick recording done this evening and sling it over. I bought my copy from redeye so no free digital to compare it to.

edit: just checked it out on spotify and the highs are nice and clear, no distortion. The juno (low res) preview sounds more like what i hear on the record

Last edited:

I never found any issues with Count to Ten, played it dozens of times too

Will be gutted (for everyone's sake) if the pressing isn't quite right on this. There has been the odd record lately that has not sounded quite right, and as soon as I hear that I find myself mentally blacklisting them from my sets. Would be a craying shame if this is the case here (although it would have to sound terrible to stop me from playing The View tbh)

i got the record last night and I didn't think there was anything wrong with it, played both sides as well. Also got mine from redeye

should I have received an email with a digi download for The View by now? got Count To Ten VIP last week when I ordered the record on bandcamp

http://soulr.com/album/soul-r-066-drs-mid-mic-crisis-full-album

Pre-order from the Soul:R website now and get a bonus track "Between the Night (feat. Silent Dust" immediately.

Release date: 23rd March.

a1158714388_10.jpg

My personal choice for vinyl would have been No Answers, What They Do, Mid Mic Crisis and Try Out.

By the way is there any audio floating about for Raptors?

Back
Top Bottom