DRS Album

If the recently released album sampler is anything to go by, the second album from the Manchester-based MC DRS is going to be a massive one. Set for release on March 30 on Marcus Intalex and ST Files’ Soul:R imprint, MC DRS has called in an eye-popping crew of collaborators to help him bring his vision to life, including Addison Groove, Die, Calibre, Dub Phizix, Lynx, Drumsound & Bassline Smith, S.P.Y., Chimpo and even the bossman himself, Marcus Intalex.

Weighing it at a hefty 16-cuts, the album proper will be preceded by two album samplers, one of which has just hit with MC DRS linking up with Jubei for the booming lead single, “The Puppeteer” before flipping it into dubby territory on “Emergency” with Intalex on the flip.

It’s the first salvo in what is shaping up to be one of the most exciting MC-driven projects of the year.

http://www.bassrush.com/post.php?news=1301

16 track album, and all of those badmen lined up on production, my excitement has risen even more now!

Wow. With that line up of producers this is set to be something incredible. Not heard Fracture or Chimpo play anything with DRS pon mic so looking forward to hear what those tracks sound like

http://soulr.com/album/soul-r-065-drs-the-view-count-to-ten-vip
a3193872571_2.jpg

Pre-order now and get Count To Ten VIP immediately!

Out this coming Monday.

That Die & Addison Groove bit! The Dub Phizix track is a really nice driving beat, really enjoying that. Calibre bit is lovely as expected. Was hoping that Chimpo's contribution was gonna be the production of one of the tracks. Not really feeling Bun Ya Too which is a shame as I was looking forward to hearing it. My opinion on all these tracks is bound to change when I hear it in full thoughl

No Answers left me with no answer(s) :teeth:

Fuck me what a tune!!

Edit:
Actually the whole album left me with no answers. What a brilliant album! This completely changed my opinion on DRS as a 'vocalist' (never heard him live so I can't tell about his MCing). This is really good, going to bag everything!

Favorite tracks: All but my top are One & Only, Mid Mic Crisis, No Answers, Try Out and Captivity.

Top job DRS :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom