DnB WasteDan - Teardrops On Your Mums Face

Nice work dude! From about 2:00 onwards the kick seems a bit loud, try turning it down a bit. Also, the beat that you've got going at 4:15 sound a wee bit messy. Maybe have a close look at the drum programming in that section and try tidy up the rhythm a bit.

Other than that it sounds great. Loving the percussion that you've got going in this one, keep it up!

It seems a bit unstructured. You have quite a lot of change ups and it's hard to tell what's meant to be the 'main bit'
You might not think you need to have a 'main bit' if it's all good, but you do cause music needs to repeat.

Listen to some of your favorite tracks and take note of how many different sections they have and how they change things up.

Overall i'm feeling this dude. Got that old school early dnb/jungle feel with all the switches. For the main, i like the drum edits, until the end sections of the track, it sounds like you tried to add new edits for the sake of it, which imo don't work as they are a bit too messy and OTT.

Thanks for listening and commenting. Yeah it seems people agree that the edits at the end are a little bit messy, I quite like em, but a few people have mentioned them so I'll think I'll go back and have a play with them.

As for the 'unstructered' comment. That was how it was designed. I like that style of constantly switching it up. I understand what you mean though but not everything has to repeat all the time I don't think.

Cheers guys.

Nice drum work. The highs seem a little piercing at times. I agree kind of lacked structure -- but then again for a jungle like tune works ok to me.

Back
Top Bottom