10 Years Of Shogun Audio Boxset - VA LP (3 X CD / 1 X DVD / 6 X 10'' Vinyl / Poster)

Re: 10 Years Of Shogun Audio Boxset - VA LP (3 X CD / 1 X DVD / 6 X 10'' Vinyl / Post

I'm puzzled... That's a very unnecessary remix. Calibre didn't really do much either, vibe is pretty much the same. Forsaken was perfect already. :-S

Re: 10 Years Of Shogun Audio Boxset - VA LP (3 X CD / 1 X DVD / 6 X 10'' Vinyl / Post

It sounds ok, feeling the Technimatic track and LSB one.

Calibre remix is fine, just the go to guy for a remix really. Felt they could have been more original

this is getting me moist, big track list, interested to hear Spectrasoul – Light In The Dark Feat. Terri Walker (Etherwood Remix) , will be bagging

looks pretty solid, I suppose if anyone was ever allowed near forsaken it had to be calibre. Nice little rework but the original is pretty much too good to improve. Different though.

Some of the other stuff sounds promising.

like the lsb tune, rest is a bit meh

Bit of a shame there is no original Alix Perez bit making the vinyls really, with him being one of the major heads on the label. Forward has 2 tunes and a colab being pressed!

Bit of a shame there is no original Alix Perez bit making the vinyls really, with him being one of the major heads on the label. Forward has 2 tunes and a colab being pressed!

Word around town is he's not signed anymore....my mate said he spoke to him at 20/20 and he said he was signed for 2 albums and him and Shogun came to a mutual agreement that he would do his own thing for abit. Not sure how true this is though!

£70, lol

man the Aztec remix sucks...really starting to hate that token Calyx & Teebee sound now they need to change shit up ASAP

- - - Updated - - -

and Joe Ford & Fourward really missed an opportunity to call themselves Forrwoarrd IMO

Word around town is he's not signed anymore....my mate said he spoke to him at 20/20 and he said he was signed for 2 albums and him and Shogun came to a mutual agreement that he would do his own thing for abit. Not sure how true this is though!

If it's true then I'm thankful...he's a wank hipster cunt now IMO.

Easy now, what's this based on anyway? IMO the Exit EP was pretty great.

He's a great producer. I just have a strong disdain for the direction he's taking his music in that's all.

My hatred of all things Juke/Footwork is well documented on here lol

Oh yeah, I remember you not liking the Stray EP either, but "U" had some solid halftime bits as well. Didn't like Chroma Chords though, there was only like 3 decent tracks on the whole album.

Oh yeah, I remember you not liking the Stray EP either, but "U" had some solid halftime bits as well. Didn't like Chroma Chords though, there was only like 3 decent tracks on the whole album.

Well the best thing about Chroma Chords was that the boxset smelled of strawberry's, delicious strawberry's.

I came...

Last edited:

He's a great producer. I just have a strong disdain for the direction he's taking his music in that's all.

Rather one original guy then 2 copy cats that don't bring anything new to the table. As well which ones are the Juke/Footwork tracks?

As pleasant as it sounds I can't help but feel that the Calibre remix of Forsaken is a bit redundant. You just can't top the original. (One of my top 10 liquid tracks of all time personally)

I am just gonna say it . . . As much as I like Calibre I can't help but feel that a lot of his remixes over the last few months have been very formulamatic. Almost to the point where two different remixes can sound exactly the same expect for a sample from the original. Probably the exception for me would be the Pablo Nouvelle remix which was outstanding The They're Wrong remix would be another although I personally found it a bit redundant again as the original was so good.

To be fair Calibre must get a crazy amount of remix requests (Zinc for example) and he seems to be a bit of a go-to remixer at present. You can't make a gem everytime as hard as you try.

Anyway I digress. Regardless, pumped for this release, some good tunes on here to be sure. Don't know if there are any standouts for me but I will probably bag the digi. Big ups for going 1 tune per side as well. The vinyl community has been winging about this for what seems like ages now so hopefully enough people bag it to show that its a viable option for labels (Unfortunately I'm not so sure that it is)

Cat amongst the pigeons on the Perez front.

Funny how the BBC have tried to remove the text about the Calibre rmx of Forsaken & the tune title of Rockwells tune in his show for Friction the day this thread appeared and the info went live on Redeye :lol:

Rather one original guy then 2 copy cats that don't bring anything new to the table. As well which ones are the Juke/Footwork tracks?

very true, the new signings Joe Ford and Fourward are wank. only really bothered about icicle on shogun now and his new stuff isnt that inspiring either.

shogun need to sort it out, theyve had a shite 2014 so far

very true, the new signings Joe Ford and Fourward are wank. only really bothered about icicle on shogun now and his new stuff isnt that inspiring either.

shogun need to sort it out, theyve had a shite 2014 so far

I think you've forgotten about Spectrasoul...

Back
Top Bottom