Drum and Bass book i'm writing

J Swif

Hey guys, I am currently writing a book about Drum and Bass culture, its origins and evolution. Working title "Drum and bass Connections" I would love your input. I have already interviewed some really great people but would love to know who you think should be cited as an early or recent pioneer of the scene.

Lets do it!

Well I'll buy it. Interview the forum by asking things like "what about drum and bass appeals to you?" or something. Best of luck with this project, J Swif

I found some info on youtube for you

2dafc5f875.png

c5d62fe0b7.png

Hey bro, I'm new to this forum, and forums in general. Massive DnB fan though, and have been enjoying the scene for around ten years so I'll give my recommendations for taking or leaving. I'm an avid fan of more minimal/light drum and bass, such as Calibre and Alix Perez - which I think their earlier albums/tracks are some of the top within that field. I think Calibre particularly has to be sighted within any book, notably for incorporating a great mix of vocals and changing up the style somewhat in early 2000s. Some tracks include: Timeout (ft. DRS); Broken; Why Time.

Alix Perez' early sound (e.g. 1984) has similarities, and tracks like Crown City, Illusions, Fade Way, and Contradictions are some of the best I've heard.

You are writing a book on drum & bass. No offence mate but unless you are a dj/producer from the scene I wont be reading it.

if you're including a timeline of notable events in dnb history it should looks something like this:

1994-early 2000s: some stuff

2003: Dillinja - Fast Car

2004-today: some more stuff

Back
Top Bottom