The most well presented vinyl releases in DnB's history

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
There has been some seriously well presented and fresh vinyl releases come out over the years in the drum and bass scene. 2014 seems to be going nuts with them!

I personally love everything BMTM have been doing. Always a real sense of professionalism with their releases.

Samurai also seem to nail it every single time.

Got to give a shout to Audio's new EP on Ram too. Really stunning little package.

Another that comes to mind is Ivy Lab's Missing Persons EP.

I don't mix vinyl any more now i'm on Serato but could never stop collecting it as I feel there is such art to a nice vinyl release.

So what are your favourites?

V Classics
Planet V
Formation's World Of Drum & Bass

Adam F Circles Remixes (Picture Disc Promo)

Dr Octagon - Blue Flowers (Hype / Photek) Hexagonal cut out of sleeve.

Always loved the 808 state rider remix of pacific with the curved corner of the sleeve (although it meant it never stood up properly)

2 bad mice hype remix on the funny shaped vinyl!

I remember loosing myself in this way too many times when mash up at home:

385_LFTD006.jpg

-Jon Black / Magnet Design: All the sleeves he did for Metalheadz, Prototype, Virus (002 & 003), Valve, etc in the late 90's. In my opinion they looked amazing and did the perfect job of capturing the mood of the music and the scene at the time and giving it the level of sophistication it deserved.

-Metalheadz Tin Box: 'nuff said

-Signature Records: the sleeves for SIG 001 through SIG 016 were all very classy and understated: a single image or color w/the Signature script in the upper right corner. Very little information given. And the picture sleeves were usually only available for the first pressing. Once again fit the vibe of the music perfectly.

-Darkestral Recordings: basically the first in dnb to try and make their physical packages very special with colored vinyl and deliberately limited pressings. Once again a very sophisticated vibe to match the sound of Instra:mental's early releases.

-Exit / Autonomic / Nonplus: embossed die-cut sleeves. Instra:mental's aptitude release on Exit was crazy w/the die-cut sleeve, picture disc and sticker sheet.

-Samurai/Horo: brought the d.i.y./techno vibe w/the blank sleeves, colored vinyl, no information on labels. Samurai clearly put a lot of thought and effort into the presentation of their releases

Exit / Autonomic / Nonplus: embossed die-cut sleeves. Instra:mental's aptitude release on Exit was crazy w/the die-cut sleeve, picture disc and sticker sheet.

Exit have gone for a minimalistic design with their sleeves now...not sure I like it to be honest. Well, I don't dislike it, I just feel like I'm not getting a piece of art in terms of the sleeve. Nice, good quality material though

Modulations deserve a mention, running the whole series of 10" + Auxiliary's Symbol offshoot being all coloured vinyl. Both a collectors dream

-Darkestral Recordings: basically the first in dnb to try and make their physical packages very special with colored vinyl and deliberately limited pressings. Once again a very sophisticated vibe to match the sound of Instra:mental's early releases.

Reverse Engineering / Everything & U has to take the biscuit with the Darkestral Releases for me. The whole playing from the inside towards the outside. Cleaver piece of engineering and suited it down to the ground :)

Reverse Engineering / Everything & U has to take the biscuit with the Darkestral Releases for me. The whole playing from the inside towards the outside. Cleaver piece of engineering and suited it down to the ground :)

This. The first vinyl I've ever bought :) Samurai's releases are always very nice & tidy, I like that. And this year's Hospital's RSD plate was proper nice, too.

http://www.discogs.com/Fanu-Siren-Song/release/361182
Artwork is really nice, and the matte finish of the cardboard both looks and feels nice.

The artwork on Noisia's Vision imprint has been on point all the way, just so much great artwork. Purpose EP's centrefold artwork takes the price for me.

I love Eatbrain's artwork too.

S.P.Y.'s Back to Basics releases this year is really solid, with the die cut outer box and nice, solid innersleeves with artwork are great.

Back
Top Bottom