DnB Reveal - Tael (WIP intro only) - Feedback for Feedback

Tael

Hey Everyone,

This is a track im currently working on and would very much like some feedback for what I have come up with so far!
The mixdown as it stands has only been tampered with a little as I built the track but once the tracks completely finished I will do a proper mixdown of all the tracks!

I would like to know how you all feel about the genreal vibe of the intro and where you think it sounds like it will take you which would greatly help the general direction I feel im going with the rest of the track!

All criticism and feedback is greatly appreciated and I will be happy to return the favour to the best of my abilities :)

Thanks all!

Tael

https://soundcloud.com/tael/reserve-intro-wip

good intro so far. has a nice feeling to it. i wouldn't worry about the mix TOO much.. it sounds pretty good as is right now! only part i was sad about was not hearing more

Thanks guys, working on the drop at the moment, just trying to make sure I get buildup and drop as big as I can after them epic impacts! Tough work!

this is really good man! catchy groove at 0:45, you can totally play with that for the rest of the song.

I felt that the hats + break at the start could have used some more stereo imaging, i also felt that the kick could have a used a tad more low end.

i'm also not the biggest fan of the sound of that little 4-note lead that plays at like 0:44 and at other places - i think it's a little heavy on the low mids and would benefit from a sharper, more stabby sound. just my two cents though.

honestly m8 i think you're onto something here, i would deifnitely finish this one. keep us posted!

Last edited:
Hey man, thanks for the feedback!

Yeah the synths sat behind the big impacts are hopefully what are going through when the song drops but having a bit of an argument with fitting them in!

I had a listen a couple of times after you mentioned this, and I agree, they sound a little flat in the mix. While i didnt want them to pronounced, I think ill leave the group EQ off and maybe apply some filtering and some more panning to the hats which should give them some more movement and dynamics!

The 4 note lead, well more the synth I use in the 4 note lead is a sort of signature thing of mine I like to use in a lot of my productions. The reason I left it on the lower scale of the mids is because im hoping (soon) to record some female vocals which will fill out alot of the high mids as usually they are like you say more stabby, but unfortunately with some testing with accapellas, found they just dont sit in the high mids nicely with a vocal line.

Thanks for the input though all opinions are good opinions and its how I learn!

Sounding good so far man. Personally i would try to bring that main lead sound that comes in at 44 in a bit more softly, Its a little bit abrupt for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom