Best MIDI keyboard for a beginner

Tundra

Raggo
VIP Junglist
EZ people,
got Ableton live intro a few months and I am going to get a MIDI keyboard. I have just begun producing and I am really new to this so don't have a clue what keyboard to get. Anyone got any recommendations that they started out with or know of any good makes.
Also looking to spend around £100 on this.

Thanks for any help in advance

Depends what you want it for. If you just want something to work out some melodies then a small keyboard like the irig keys is cheap and small. If you want to play chords melodies and even record full piano parts then go with something bigger and more keys, maybe m-audio stuff.

Would probably need something bigger tbh because I do want to work on chord melodies and eventually making piano parts when I'm a bit better at playing

If you want to learn some chords and stuff, I think a midi with 49 keys will be enough. It's enough to play chords and progressions without having to push octave buttons, and it's not to big.
Brand wise, M-audio has some cheap ones, Roland has a few, the Nektar ones are great, the novation ones are great to (but more for Abelton)
Just take a look around on an online music shop, or take a look in a local shop

Using abelton live intro ATM so might check out a novation, thanks for advice on the keys now I know what size to look for now

highly recommend a weighted or semi-weighted keyboard, much better velocity sensitivity, and much nicer to play; 100 isn't allot for a keyboard tho, goto a music/audio shop and try a few out, see which you like the feel of...then search online for a better price

I know £100 isn't alot but only just getting into production and don't want to fork out loads of money until I am a bit more comfortable with it(I really enjoy producing but feel like I'm lost and don't know what the fuck I'm doing half the time in my DAW haha) again thanks for the advice everyone

Back
Top Bottom