Question about soundcloud.

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
Not strictly production related, but this is the most relevant place I guess.

Basically, I'm contemplating doing a mixtape. I have a few beats in mind. But as these are all instrumentals from tracks already released (for example if I were to use a beat from a Jay Z album), I'm sure soundcloud stops you uploading them for copyright reasons.

Is there a way I can get around this? Like changing the bpm or someshit?

Would like to do one, but not uploading it to soundcloud kills a huge amount of listeners.

Not strictly production related, but this is the most relevant place I guess.

Basically, I'm contemplating doing a mixtape. I have a few beats in mind. But as these are all instrumentals from tracks already released (for example if I were to use a beat from a Jay Z album), I'm sure soundcloud stops you uploading them for copyright reasons.

Is there a way I can get around this? Like changing the bpm or someshit?

Would like to do one, but not uploading it to soundcloud kills a huge amount of listeners.

As far as I know, the copyright issue with soundcloud can be bypassed by changing both bpm and pitch of the song.

^ Works sometimes but not all. BPM alone definitely doesn't work enough in my experience. I had a track up 4bpm and it still got taken down because the key lock was on.

If you're using DVS you can (in Traktor at least) change the key slightly whilst at the original BPM, that should do it. Or do the mix normally and then pitch it all up 1semitone in any DAW or somthing.

ORRRRR just wing it and hope furrr the best

Back
Top Bottom