Menosance - Attack (minimal)

the intro was sounding really nice and ambient and amazing, but when that FL Keys (just guessing) piano came in it kind of ruined the mood for me. Likewise for the vocal before the drop
Not a big fan of the square pad thing in the drop, but I like the drums, bass, and FX, some really neat sounds there.
Generally, I think it could be a really cool track if you worked on the melodic side of it a bit more.

the intro was sounding really nice and ambient and amazing, but when that FL Keys (just guessing) piano came in it kind of ruined the mood for me. Likewise for the vocal before the drop
Not a big fan of the square pad thing in the drop, but I like the drums, bass, and FX, some really neat sounds there.
Generally, I think it could be a really cool track if you worked on the melodic side of it a bit more.

Thank you lad! Should I keep it on the same tone of the intro pad? Because I can change to piano to make sound more 'creepier'. The square pad I do like, so I want to hear opinions from the others. I might lose the vocal of the drop but keep the delayed 'attack' vox.

What do you think?? Thanks one again :)

Kinda agree with Sultanare. The piano sounded quite cheap. Maybe it might work if the made chords instead of just notes.
Vocal, also agree with him. The 'attack' alone could work though.
And personally (I listened on headphones) I think there is a bit too much panning going on. The pad, the 'attack' other stuff...
Btw, make that pad a bit more interesting, a bit fuller, some more layers maybe..
And one last thing: that rim, crank it up a bit. And it sounds like it was a sample with reverb and you just cut the reverb off, it sounds a bit weird. Maybe add a automation on the volume the create a more natural tail.

Don't think i find it a bad track though, I wouldn't try to give this advice if I think the track is doomed

The square pad sounds fine but could evolve more. The mix sounds good.
I kept wanting to hear some really cool occasional glitch effects but they never came.

Kinda agree with Sultanare. The piano sounded quite cheap. Maybe it might work if the made chords instead of just notes.
Vocal, also agree with him. The 'attack' alone could work though.
And personally (I listened on headphones) I think there is a bit too much panning going on. The pad, the 'attack' other stuff...
Btw, make that pad a bit more interesting, a bit fuller, some more layers maybe..
And one last thing: that rim, crank it up a bit. And it sounds like it was a sample with reverb and you just cut the reverb off, it sounds a bit weird. Maybe add a automation on the volume the create a more natural tail.

Don't think i find it a bad track though, I wouldn't try to give this advice if I think the track is doomed

The square pad sounds fine but could evolve more. The mix sounds good.
I kept wanting to hear some really cool occasional glitch effects but they never came.

Thank you both lads :) I was forcing myself to do the track tbh so I could send it out with another track to a label. I don't think I am going to fix it though, just push it to the side, then maybe after sometime I'll resurrect it.

Now the problem is that I want to produce but have no creative ideas. Still minimal though.

The bass is sexy. Drums sound cool. The thing that comes in around 1:53 would be awesome if it had an almost arabic groove. The break noises are spooky and cool.

The bass is sexy. Drums sound cool. The thing that comes in around 1:53 would be awesome if it had an almost arabic groove. The break noises are spooky and cool.

Much better than Attack then ey? Thank you Ivan :)

Apart from the piano on Attack, I love the sound. Wasn't expecting that bass and I like the groove you got. Good sounds throughout but gotta reiterate what Crizis said about panning. Sounded fine on my monitors but with headphones something seemed a bit strange. Again, pump the rim up, make it smack.

As for Endo, that's a foot stomper. Good vibes, feel like the kick could do with just a little bit more oomph. Maybe a slight increase of its presence around the 100hz mark?

Take my words very liberally, I'm new to this production malarkey.

Apart from the piano on Attack, I love the sound. Wasn't expecting that bass and I like the groove you got. Good sounds throughout but gotta reiterate what Crizis said about panning. Sounded fine on my monitors but with headphones something seemed a bit strange. Again, pump the rim up, make it smack.

As for Endo, that's a foot stomper. Good vibes, feel like the kick could do with just a little bit more oomph. Maybe a slight increase of its presence around the 100hz mark?

Take my words very liberally, I'm new to this production malarkey.

Thanks Brex :) It seems Attack does have some varied reviews. Did you like the vocal btw? As for Endo, I haven't listened to it critically yet (measuring how the track sounds in much much detail etc) so yes, it might need a bit of a push (to the kick).

Thank you once again Brex :D glad you like both.

Thanks Brex :) It seems Attack does have some varied reviews. Did you like the vocal btw? As for Endo, I haven't listened to it critically yet (measuring how the track sounds in much much detail etc) so yes, it might need a bit of a push (to the kick).

Thank you once again Brex :D glad you like both.

No problems with the vocal here. I think it adds to the atmosphere quite well. Panning on the vocal reverb is quite intense though. Sounds like a 100% right to left. Possibly dial it back so about 30% sits in the weaker half. That make sense?

I think the problem lies in the delay effect because I didn't add any panning effects. A lower Dry/Wet amount might solve it, although there isn't a lot where to reduce.

Endo is wicked. I really like the groove the track has.
And it has enough variation and stuff, which I find is sometimes difficult on minimal tracks like these.
The only thing I can comment on is the hats part before the second drop. It's not bad, but it's a bit, I don't know, empty? Felt a bit weird for me
Other than that, I like it

yea I like it more.

Back
Top Bottom