Pretty cool experimental track I found, thoughts?

not really feeling it myself, but you should look up some Gabba, if you like this kind of weirdness

I dnt think its like it at all... The distortion elements remind me more of IDM and the tempo style seems like electro. But that's just my opinion dnt make it right.

It did didn't DG I think when hixxy came on the scene the whole hardcore scene went downhill. remeber bonkers 1... wtf was that shit... everything else before was great then all change from there.

Hardstyle now... Meh pretty pish imo

Last edited:
I dnt think its like it at all... The distortion elements remind me more of IDM and the tempo style seems like electro. But that's just my opinion dnt make it right.

It did didn't DG I think when hixxy came on the scene the whole hardcore scene went downhill. remeber bonkers 1... wtf was that shit... everything else before was great then all change from there.

Hardstyle now... Meh pretty pish imo

Did you ever go to Rezerection Manu?

Did you ever go to Rezerection Manu?

I never went to the early ones cos i was too young but i made it too a decent one "awakening of 95" was pretty good but nothing compared to real festivals ive been too. Really i was more of an occasional club goer once a month at nosebleed Rosyth or FUBAR both of which were really the same thing as all the big hardcore djs PAs attended. And i was listening to a lot of jungle back then as hardcore had started too lose its appeal when i was getting older so i would do the underground jungle nights in random pub venues.

I really wanted to head down south and go to some of the big dnb events ie helter skelter, quest, tribal gathering etc but never made it due to my lifestyle.

Last edited:
"awakening of 95"

Must have been awesome, I even found this CD in a shop round the corner back then. Stuff like this was very rare in a german small town.

115109649.jpg

i had that set on repeat for years hahah it was great but your talking about what was essentially a circus tent with hardcore being played and yeah ok the lighting was something to behold and an awesome sound system i just always felt it was too much hassle back then too expensive since i drank pretty much everyday and didnt have money or a job. so the smaller events were more my style.

gabba covers a wide range of sounds and tempos, its not all noisy 300bpm craziness. besides I never said it was gabba, I suggested a sound to look for because it reminded me of gabba, i'm sure that there are gabba enthusiasts out there who have a very narrow idea of what true gabba is, which doesn't reflect the general opinion of what the music is about, but whatever, its not a musical style I like or listen to intentionally

gabba covers a wide range of sounds and tempos, its not all noisy 300bpm craziness. besides I never said it was gabba, I suggested a sound to look for because it reminded me of gabba, i'm sure that there are gabba enthusiasts out there who have a very narrow idea of what true gabba is, which doesn't reflect the general opinion of what the music is about, but whatever, its not a musical style I like or listen to intentionally

Fair play...

This thing reminds me of a poorly executed attempt to fuse industrial/metal and drum and bass.

On shit equipment, in a russian bedroom.

Instantly reminded me of this as well

Had it on vinyl but it just didn´t sound right. Somewhat out of place and way to thin.

Last edited by a moderator:
gabba covers a wide range of sounds and tempos, its not all noisy 300bpm craziness.
really? I'm sure there's chilled out gabba with soothing vocals and pan pipes out there but I've never known gabba to be anything other than the headpounding bang bang bang shit. can you post some examples of the other stuff?

Back
Top Bottom