Feedback for PRODUCTION COMPO

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
Track A-
This was one of my favorite tracks. The production quality is nice, but not a lot of time was spent on the track. Only the basics were remix and put together.

Track B-
A fucking bad ass remix that should of got a lot more votes. Dynamic and Powerful, I loved the way the track took on new originality while keeping "vibe" of the original. Track Bs remix puts the original to shame. Maybe you should try sending this to label or something.

Track C- Turn this bad boy up and you really feel the that funky sub bass. I also believe this track should of been a contender for the top five. The drums sound modern and clear but the bass sounds great too.

Track D- I can tell the producer spent some time on the drop, I like the snare pattern and love the way you did your hats. In fact your drums are great. The breakdown was ok but the intro sucked. You and me both need to work on intros.

Track E- What the fuck why did this not get any more votes????? This is a bad mother fucker that dynamic and cool as fuck. Should of been a contender. This track is sick, maybe try sending to a small label or something.

Track G- Track G gets credit from me because I can tell somebody spent a lot of time on it. The producer of this track worked really hard with arranging the track, however the mix down is poor quality. Whats best about this track is the breakdown. Some creative ideas are in this track and one day in a future contest we will be writing about this producer being a contender.

Track H- Another one of my favorites. Bouncing drum patterns and fun intro lead into a drop that is as bad ass but smooth and funky. This producer most likely gets laid a lot and like a smooth rhythm for riding his lady. Also notable was the cleaver vocoding? I thought it was catchy. I do want to say I was not a fan of the 2nd drop, and think the song should of not made it into the top five because of it, Sorry.

Track I- What the fuck? Somebody has a recording studio. I have more questions about this track than comments. Like did you record the vocal for this track? Anyway this was definitely one of my favorite tracks, creative and original, it is a modern day Lou Reed nod out song.

Track J- Must of had some time issues because the song was not finished. I do want to say if you did have more time this song would of been bad ass. Its not finished, but you should.

Track K- This is one more track I was wowed with. It should had more votes and mad props for being the only four to the floor track. Well produced and evil. The strings really drive the track but when the fm bass comes in I was like fuck yea. This track would tear up many of dance floor if given' a chance. Try sending to small labels or dis. It deserves to be played.

Track L- Got a top five spot and I am happy to see it. Production is top quality and reminds me of something mefjus would make. Extra shout out for the fork in the 2nd drop. Good luck in the finals.

Track M- See track c

Track N- I can hear what you are trying to with this track but it did not quite come together. The drum pattern is awkward and the bass could use some filter movement. I like the screams that come in at points. What is that by the way? The tone of track as whole was cool and stressful and your track was nothing to be ashamed of.

Track O- After listening to your track I had to watch the movie Full Metal Jacket. Your version of the song is dark and atmospheric. However, your drop did come in ass strong as the intro and break down and I fell you should of followed through with that intenseness and despair into the drops.

Track P- The intro was well done and I thought this track was going to get more votes. The drop is evil and well mixed with tons awesome to go around. I love how dynamic this track is and when the 2nd drop hits my jaw dropped. You should be massively proud of your self. This was a great example of track way better than the original.

Track Q- By overwhelming majority the favorite track of everybody, if the judges don't pick you as a winner you should still be proud and know in someway you won. As far as personal feedback I thought you should of been a contender with your mix and great/creative way you made fx. I have to admit you this was not one of my favorite tracks. But the people have spoken and majority rule should be worth than my opinion. Sorry and congratulations buddy.

Track R- You should be proud of yourself this is and honest and solid remix. There is noting really wrong with this track at all and should of gotten more votes. I think what this track is missing is something a little extra special to make it truly stand out from the other remixes.

Track S- First off, mad apologies to track S for not having your put up in remix in time, I personally feel this track could of gotten more votes if put up in time. I thought this was a solid remix with lots of cool things and dynamic end 8 and 16 bars. I do think that aggressive bass at the drop is cool but could be cleaned up a bit and that is what hurt you in the comp.

This is what I learned from this comp and should be remembered for the next one. I do not think the voting went very well and did not represent the best production. At the same time there were a lot of high quality remixes and it may of been difficult(I know it was for me) to choose just one. I think if there was a ranking system where you could vote for your top three the out come would be different. I think the next remix judges should decide what the top produced tracks are and then we vote for them, but there could be problems doing that way too.

The track I voted for was a difficult decision for me, there where a bunch I really liked and about 5 that I just could not decided. When it came down to it Track B was my favorite and I am pissed it did not make it into the top five. The quality and creativity is top notch and the flow and emotion that is conveyed is everything I wanted in the 2nd breakdown. I feel this track is one of many superior tracks that will not get the chance to be voted on.

Last but not least, if you want even more feedback on your track from or anyone else ask for it here in this tread I will be happy to answer any questions anybody has. I also would like everybody to leave feedback on at least ones person track. The better producers should tell the people who made lesser tracks how to improve and everybody should explain to someone why they voted for a track or thought is was nice, remember this is more a learning experience than anything.

All of your remixes and stems are your tracks now. Do with them as you please, but if you become the next Skillex remember me and the Dnb dorm please.

GOOD LUCK TO THE WINNER AND FUTURE KING OF THE INTERNETZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Feedback

I was O. Thanks for the nice comments btw Ivan :) Well I tried to keep the melodies equal to the the dark ambience (also retaining the original vibe) which is why I lost that 'despair' effect.

But anyway, it was a blast doing it, looking forward to the next one ;)

Numero 'D' here. I do agree with the suckish intro, could've been alot better... But thanks for the feedback! The the easiest remix I've done, but it was fun and i did quite some learning

IV4 thanks for the feedback! (y)(y)
I'm working on some school stuff right now but will write something up for one of the remixes later tonight.

Since people are revealing themselves here, "K" was mine. and I agree with Crizis, I've learned a lot on this competition, specially manipulation of sound. Thank you two who voted for my track!

I was J...really regretting not finishing it now. At the time, I was just shitting stuff out in like, 3 days, cause it was my first remix and I wanted to work on other things, but in hindsight I should've finished it properly.

I haven't got the time to finish it now, which makes it even more annoying.

Question for people: how badly does my lack of monitors show?

L is mine hehe
I was so insanely surprised that L got as many votes as it did, let alone made it into the finals. When I submitted I thought it was a totally throwaway track with a terrible mix, but I sent it in anyway because I'd already said I'd send in something
Guess it paid off in the end haha
so thanks to everyone who voted in the competition :2thumbs: course it's not over yet, now the judges gotta do their ting :teeth:

i was b
thanks for the feedback and vote ivan
if you were the judge i would have won.lol

ehh, soundcloud worked.

Alrighty so I went with C for my review/feedback.
------------------------------

I like how off the start you brought in that heavy filter/delay sound with the vocal. The only real comment I have here is maybe add some piece of drum work (just a kick on the very 1[SUP]st[/SUP] beat even) to give a DJ a solid place to sync up to. Also it’d be cool if you could’ve got a little more movement going on in your intro sounds, but that’s a minor thing. Overall I think the intro works well for the tune.

Your drums sit in the tune nicely, I like. And that bass is a fuckin’ beauty. 10/10 on that, I love it.

The piano at the end of your 1[SUP]st[/SUP] drop is cool, comes in nicely, and I like how you carried it into the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] drop. The very last bit of the piano right before drop 2 feels a bit awkward (when you went into tight repeats). That whole buildup feels like it could use a quick revisit; maybe you could have processed that piano sound a bit more through the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] buildup?

Overall I’m a fan of this tune, 8/10.

Last edited:

Track N- I can hear what you are trying to with this track but it did not quite come together. The drum pattern is awkward and the bass could use some filter movement. I like the screams that come in at points. What is that by the way? The tone of track as whole was cool and stressful and your track was nothing to be ashamed of.

Thanks m8 i was out of my comfort zone with this style but we enjoyed making it... thanks for giving us the opportunity to learn some more. And the high pitched scream was the reece pitched up by a lot mabye 3 O... thanks again, and gratz to Q and the rest of the finalists loved em all.

I was A. Nice one to all that Voted, and thanks for the feedback. I wanted to stay true to original on this, but at same time wanted to up the tempo. Was a tough comp as I'd never done anything like that before (being limited to what could be used) And I regret that I couldn't spend more time on it. Had a lot of other projects on at the time, then just after submitting I got really ill, and was out of action for a few weeks, so glad I submitted early as otherwise wouldn't of been able to.

Well done to all that entered

If the person responsible for the "Q" tune doesn't show up until october 17th, I will claim it as mine and take all the interwebz for myself!

evil-plotting-raccoon-zbkuimas.jpg

I was P, appreciate the good feedback and cheers to [MENTION=23164]Catsel[/MENTION], [MENTION=92794]dat_skunk[/MENTION] and [MENTION=29505]Phat_Sam[/MENTION] for voting

was a fuckin sick tune bruv.

shud of won. but everyone else is gay hipster in love with critical you see.. didn't hear how epic it was.

Back
Top Bottom