Isolating technics turntables

brakebeat

Hi, I have recently been asked to dj at a house party and my mate just told me that the guys who they are hiring the system off recommend isolating the decks to stop disturbance etc. I've never had any trouble in the past but this system is supposed to be weighty. I've looked at getting special feet but they are pricey. Willing to pay if there is no alternative but just wanted to see what advice anyone could give me on here.

Big ups

A quick I learned from back in the day, tennis balls, with a hole, placed under the feet of the table.

If anything, just put something rubber under the feet or under the turntables. As a last resort, just weigh down the needles. Put a nickel on the headshell too.

Buy 4 tennis balls and cut them in half. Get 2 or maybe 4 concrete paving slabs. Put 2 paving slabs on top of each other where you want to set your decks up and then put 4 of the half cut tennis balls, round side up, where the feet for the decks go. Voila, no vibration.

Buy 4 tennis balls and cut them in half. Get 2 or maybe 4 concrete paving slabs. Put 2 paving slabs on top of each other where you want to set your decks up and then put 4 of the half cut tennis balls, round side up, where the feet for the decks go. Voila, no vibration.

This

Back
Top Bottom