Best Newcomer DJ: Mistanoize
Best Newcomer Producer: Kimyan Law
Best Vocalist: Zoë Klinck
Best Night Club: fabric
Best Festival / Large Event: outlook
Best track: Handra - Coat of Dust
Best Album:Ulterior Motive - The Fourth Wall
Best Label: Dispatch Recordings

friction had to be best DJ for me after his set in the void at outlook, one of the best sets I've seen

- - - Updated - - -

to be fair to the awards, we had frederic robinson shortlisted as best newcomer last year, so they can't be that heavily weighted.

If anyone fancies throwing a rogue spanner in the works for us again this year, vote Kimyan Law for best newcomer thx.

haha voted kimyan law, only newcomer I could really think of and the half the sky remix is amazing, can't wait for the LP

no no no just look at the results from last year

[...]

Its almost as if hospital records got together with Ram records and AEI Media and just said, "well which ones do you want to win this year?"

And the other reason i know that this whole thing is a big old load of bollocks; so all of these people are filling out the forms for their votes etc so Wilkinson afterglow best track, camo & crooked best producer, hospitality best night.... are we honestly meant to believe that the voters then all decided to vote for mancunian MC DRS as best MC, who has never done a RAM night or played at Hospitality in the last year? The average person who listens to Etherwood or camo & krooked probably doesnt even know who DRS is! The whole thing is rubbish

Just to clarify what I wrote yesterday, yes I know Hospital and Ram are winning most categories (also, last year's results were especially extreme). I just said I was ok with it. In fact I don't really care who actually wins which award, the most fun I have reading about other peoples' votes, learning about new artists, etc. Concerning DRS, the most likely explanation is that a lot of people don't fill in any MC at all.

This Kimyan Law guy is a real phenomenon, the Half The Sky remix is brilliant, my favorite track in months. I'm half impressed and half annoyed by Blu Mar Ten constantly hinting about his genius music since a few months ago now, and I'm also a bit surprised I have never heard of him before although he's from my hometown. There are no words to describe my excitement for his own debut album, in fact I think I'll also vote Kimyan Law for Best Newcomer Producer :D

This Kimyan Law guy is a real phenomenon, the Half The Sky remix is brilliant, my favorite track in months. I'm half impressed and half annoyed by Blu Mar Ten constantly hinting about his genius music since a few months ago now, and I'm also a bit surprised I have never heard of him before although he's from my hometown. There are no words to describe my excitement for his own debut album, in fact I think I'll also vote Kimyan Law for Best Newcomer Producer :D

thanks, i think he deserves to be shortlisted, at the very least

Very very surprised that Tokyo Prose seems to have got absolutely no recognition here at all.

This! Fucking gutted about this tbh. Still definitely in my personal top3 albums made this year (or, to be precise, in the last few years as this year tore the competition). Cern's and Kimyan Law's albums are missing as well, I guess it's about the late release date, still both should have been there. The best tune category is absolute joke this year though, I wouldn't place any of those anywhere near top 10 bar Tape Pack.

This! Fucking gutted about this tbh. Still definitely in my personal top3 albums made this year (or, to be precise, in the last few years as this year tore the competition). Cern's and Kimyan Law's albums are missing as well, I guess it's about the late release date, still both should have been there. The best tune category is absolute joke this year though, I wouldn't place any of those anywhere near top 10 bar Tape Pack.

Haha I was thinking that

Not as cancerous as previous years' nominees, but that lack of Tokyo Prose is a massive oversight.

Still at least this year I was able to vote for someone or something under each category without thinking 'man, none of these deserve this'.

My votes are as follows

Best DJ - Andy C
Best producer - Audio
Best new dj & producer - Frankee
Best night - Ram
Best label - Metalheadz
Best tune - Running blind - Noisia

Not sure how the video for Nobody To Love got even one vote after being so generic. Other than that and the lack of Tokyo Prose and Zoe Klinck, pretty good selection.

Best DJ: Camo & Krooked
Best producer: S.P.Y
Best MC: SP:MC
Best Vocalist: Etherwood
Best Newcomer DJ: Emperor (new?)
Best Newcomer Producer: Kimyan Law
Best Newcomer MC: Skittles (new?)
Best Track: Running Blind
Best Album: The Fourth Wall
Best Label: Critical Music
Best Music Video: Tape Pack

Really nice seeing people here putting my name down a while back

I've got through to the next round of voting to

i went all in this year trying to show myself as DJ DJ.. not because i have top 5 release or a huge label backing me with massive promotion tools

Which there are names in there, if the labels get on the back of all this with there 100000s of eager minions you know what the outcome will be. I'm a tiny fish in a big ass lake

My dream was to be able to get the recognition purely for the fact of what i can do with turntables in a club playing sets and with mixes i put out online, try and change the history of these awards a bit, as it seems to be producers who always win regardless if they are truly proper passionate DJs.

This to some people may not mean anything at all, the awards in general i mean and everyone has a rant every time about it
Even to the artists who win they probably don't care..

But to me this really would be an achievement, doing it purely as a DJ, pretty much unheard of since like the 1920s back in the day when bassman was starting in the game.

But on a serious note
Also it would give that platform to be taken seriously, start something up and a chance to bring some DJs through and make an impact

Anyways, if you have been feeling all my input from this year, and want to vote for me go for it, il give you a kiss and take you out for dinner

Cheers x
Oli

Best DJ: Friction
Best Producer:Break
Best MC: SP:MC
Best Vocalist: Riya

Best Newcomer DJ: Mistanoize
Best Newcomer Producer: Frankee
Best Newcomer MC: Skittles

Best Live Act: New Zealand Shapeshifter

Best Track: Running Blind
Best Album: Back To Basics Chapter Two (S.P.Y)
Best Label: Critical Music
Best Music Video: Problem (Icicle feat. Skittles)

Back
Top Bottom