Mean teeth - Arachnid

Visions

Hey buddy,
I've had writers block for a long time, only just conquering it.
Maybe you could help me out with spotting a few flaws these tracks have.

Is the distortion too much for you? (it's clipping too much)
Is it too bright?
Does it flow?
Where can i improve on?
Even a simple "I like / i don't like" is useful to me.
Thanks in advance. :)

I appreciate your time.

If you have more free time on your hands, maybe you could help me out on this track as well.
I'm trying to conquer ear fatigue with your help :)

Last edited:
Dude, that chorus is kickass! Really good roller.
Some things, what I noted. Try to play with your snare layer, I'd add a bigger body on it. The bass is really mad, but maybye try to play with high end layer a bit, I'd add more brightness on it.
Clipping will be always your enemy, try to pretend it. Sound should some good even your volume level is low.
And don't take care about writers block, cause It's actually doesn't exist! :D

Keep it up, really nice job!

The reason i took the writers block mental state was because i failed to evaluate the ammount of work needed in order to create the tracks of which i set my bar to. I wasn't ready to put in so much work into one piece of music and make the right decisions at that time.

I thank you Radass for the assuring words.

Damn, great stuff there... Love the drums in the second.
few things I thought: in the first track, maybe for the first part of the drop (first 16 bars i think) Maybe layer a little thing on your bass that also has that wobble. because, for me, it's not a bit to low and distant. But that's more personal taste I guess.
I like the switches in the track. Every 16 bars there's alot different, but it flows nicely

That second tune. Fuck I love that one. Always loved tracks like that. Rolling bassline, good drums (maybe a bit of variation there?), good vibe to them, paino bits, distorted sounds here and there. I'm always trying to make something like that, never pulled it off. Great job on that one

Edit: just a question, in the second tune, did you play/made all the notes from the instruments? Or did you use any samples?
Just to get an idea on how to start a tune like that myself..

Last edited:
Thanks for your contribution Crizis. It means a lot to me.
I'll def keep on pushing arachnids to that direction you suggested, as it seems very logical in my head as well. It's not nearly finished and the sound of the tune tells it as well.

I used 1 external sample in Yasai, it's the choirish intro pad, I can't remember where i found it but i built the whole track starting from that idea alone.
Everything else is self made.
The drums, the risers and sweeps, the notes and melodies and the bass fills - Basses etc.

god damn, nice work...
Listened to it again, I absolutely love the vibe. If you ever feel the need to send it to someone.. (if you're not releasing this atleast)

I thought the first one was pretty good, but then i played the second and well... i haven't stopped playing it loving it man!

Back
Top Bottom