• $4.50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $5.00

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • $5.50

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

DNB4DCrowd

Think of your favorite Drum and Bass track on mp3. What is it's value to you personally and how much would you be willing to spend on it? I've made this a poll question for the sake of research so select the option that's closest your answer. Please excuse the fact that the valued price is in dollar amounts. This is for personal research, but feel free to open a discussion using your countries currency.

Hypothetically speaking lets say 85% goes directly to the artist.

Last edited:
is this for an mp3? this makes no sense...I have paid NZ$50 for some tunes that I value a lot - your poll seems extremely aimed towards cheaparses IMO

Thanks, yeah lets use the mp3. Obviously vinyl etc. would be more.

Fixed.

Oh I see how it is, I gotta vote first to give my answer away. NOT FAIR :)

I voted a realistic $5.00. Of course we all would probably say we value our favorite track way more than that. So just that fact alone addresses a serious problem in the music industry today.

Last edited:
I asked my insurance company for a valuation and they said it would be the exact cost value to download it again. Much to my disappointment; internet fees and/or data would not be included in the event it was ever least or stolen.

85% is $4.25 for the artist and .75 for the middle men. Correct me if I'm wrong but the .75 is more than enough to cover the costs and is probably about the right estimate of whats needed. The only difference is today the artist gets what, around .25 for one track?

three fiddy

If you meant $3.50, thanks for your honest evaluation. Nothing wrong with that. The point did come across well so far as it seems weve all mostly taken this from a producers prospective but theres also the buyers perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

its pretty current

ill get my coat

Do you possibly have one of those cloak coats that makes you invisible?

Juust kidding man. I gots some comics too you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Six hunnit fiddy dollars

Fuck I've GOT to hear that track. :2thumbs:

The question doesn't make sense to me.
The answer is along the lines of "it can't be measured in money" b2b "I'm not paying $5 for an mp3 just because I think this track is better than most other tracks for sale at $1".

You might find this blog post interesting, it's by a friend of mine who released an EP on Bandcamp as "pay what/if you want" and shared the statistics after a month:
http://blog.subsquare.com/one-month-of-catzilla-on-bandcamp/

i-need-about-tree-fiddy.jpg

what the cacking flip is this thread about?

Ill answer that if you answer this: What is the point of this thread? hahaaaa.

Im sure I don't have to repeat it again Large Marge.

- - - Updated - - -

The question doesn't make sense to me.
The answer is along the lines of "it can't be measured in money" b2b "I'm not paying $5 for an mp3 just because I think this track is better than most other tracks for sale at $1".

You might find this blog post interesting, it's by a friend of mine who released an EP on Bandcamp as "pay what/if you want" and shared the statistics after a month:
http://blog.subsquare.com/one-month-of-catzilla-on-bandcamp/

No I'm not saying that some are more valuable than others or that something as you mentioned is a solution to the problem. Thanks for the link.

- - - Updated - - -

i would give my left kidney to noisia for a copy of Block Control VIP

Nice!

For me personally the industry standard for an mp3 is around 0.79p to 0.99p (Uk prices). Regardless of how much I wanted it why would I pay more? Regardless of my taste it's always only worth it's standard rate for an mp3!!

It's like saying that these beans are 35p a can but because I really like them I'm willing to pay £10.00????

LOL @ $

TBH, I bought a CD from a bloke in Alaska once - just for one track.

And that was more than 10 dollars.

EDIT - non DnB.

Last edited:
In vinyl terms I paid £100 for the VIP remix of Adam F's Circles. I resold it for the same amount after I'd ripped it.

An mp3 is only worth the money you pay for it and no more. Because they're so easily available and plentiful. This thread would work far better as 'how much would you be willing to spend on a piece of vinyl'.

In that case the most i've ever spent on a 12" is a £14 but would probably be willing to spend £20-25 for anything Darkestral

this

R-4301278-1361135333-3812.jpeg

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Back
Top Bottom