DnB FORUM REMIX Contestants!

Vote for

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i went for L and did it before looking at the results. was close between L and Q for me though. good work

OK LADS! the big 5-0 is here, and its time to call it!

Q - 11

A - 6
L - 6

H - 5
I - 5

THESE ARE OUR FINALISTS! like i said in the first post, we will vote for the 3-5 finalists, and then they go to the judges!

we used to have a tie breaker vote, but i think its more fun if we get 5 finalists.

i will be writing reviews on all entries, not sure, but i think someone else offered the same? anyway, doesnt matter.

everybody, its time for the finals!!
[MENTION=6906]$marty[/MENTION] if you would do the honors, please? along with your merry men?

oh and back to waffle with thread? or what, production?

Last edited:
Next time I think we should do it the other way around.... have judges listen to all tracks and put forward 5 finalists, then everyone votes from those 5 finalists.

Hopefully more people will vote that way because they won't have to listen to every single track before voting.

Also, can I post my remix on my soundcloud now, seeing as I didn't make the final 5?

I think that more votes could be allowed. In a couple of day we managed to get the 50 required votes, but I think that a couple more days could give us at least 10 more. But anyways, congratulations to the 5 finalists!

smoothassilk yes you can and that is a groovy idea! another idea has been to cross out the public vote completely and just have judges. its up for discussion for the next one, certainly!

darkysidro, yes, probably, but we have to call it at some point, and its about time, really. dont see what difference 10 more votes would do really.

darkysidro, yes, probably, but we have to call it at some point, and its about time, really. dont see what difference 10 more votes would do really.
Well, this one made clear that people liked "Q" more than the other remixes, then it wouldn't change. But to the next one, I think an extended time would benefit the competition.

Feedback for every track is now in the producers section, Great remix everybody and good luck to the winner. Everybody should thank the judges primarily made up of Dexcell for the comp. If you ask me, that is pretty cool that real pros are going to judges our remix.

Sorry guys. Been so busy with work and deadlines this week. Will try have some feedback/pick on Friday

[MENTION=6906]$marty[/MENTION] No I think we should contact the winner and ask them to put the winning track up on their sound cloud. Then we spam the forum with king of internetz king track so lots of people click on the song and the winner can at least win some sound cloud traffic. Thoughts?

nice [MENTION=65744]IV4[/MENTION] some promo for the winner is definitely in order, and can be worth just as much as any prize. i think the thread should go back to production forums doe, wha you reckon? also papa j wants to vote, but its for a track that didnt get any votes so i think thas ok, rigtht? i know its hard to see a point to it, but i think it woudl be good to support the producer that way, its good for the esteem. [MENTION=65342]ThePapa[/MENTION]j would you do us a huge favor and be a judge? its five unes you would need to write a piece on each and rank them, do you have time for that?

OK, so here goes for the final 5. Gonna write up as i listen to them for the first time.

I - eeeery start, feeling creepy and serious. feels like some movie shit. Great use of the vocals. Breaks down and builds up to well... not what I expected at all. This is sick, really interesting, loads of subtle variations. The sort of thing I stop what I'm doing and actually listen. Not some background music, this is pay attention business. Loved the ending with the vocals finishing it off.

H Opening drum pattern is wicked, the repeated vocal stab type thing is bouncing along. Loved the glitchy stlye build up to the drop. The bass really penetrates my ear holes in a good way. Holy shit snacks, track's going crazy. A little hard to follow but ever so brilliant with variation. Oh my days now that bassline has really surprised me. I thought it wasn't gonna get any deeper. A great track, possibly a little too many elements for my tastes but really well fused together and it worked. Sounding great.

L The opening gives me this sense of - I know exactly how the rest of the track is going to sound.
Hmmmm,,, I wasn't too far off guessing to be honest. I love its minimal and clean feel. Its a great sounding track and I'm really digging it. Hoping the 2nd drop is gonna switch it up. YES! Well played, liked the first half but would have been disappointing if it just repeated itself. The extra kick before the drop set the pace and gave an insight to the shape of things to come. My favorite so far but I thought it could have been better with some cheeky switches or silenced drum sections every so often.

A Quite similar to L in many ways. The drums sound really tight and the string+piano elements sound really lush playing off of each other. The breakdown is lovely, the musical loveliness over that bass line is something to be proud of. I like this one alot. Really to my personal tastes. Everything just seem to sound in place like its all meant to be there. Perhaps if i knew more about production i could put this down to skill and dedication. Reloading for another play.

Q hmmm. I have no idea how this is gonna pan out, loving the industrial sort of intro sounds and those strings getting louder and more intense. The increased pace of hi hats alerting me this isn't gonna be a minimal affair. That drop.. oh yeah. I want to try and mix this with Spor - Kingdom. Everything is just spot on with this one. The piano rocking in and the drum edits at the end of the bars are amazing.

Well that's all 5. I have to say I'm really impressed. Had no idea you guys were so dope. Why is my inbox not flooded with your tracks? C'mon guys sort it out.

If I had to pick a favorite it would be between H & Q.
Both great pieces but I'll have to go with Q simply because of how bad ass it is and the fact I want to mix with it.
Can I has mp3 please?

Back
Top Bottom