Modulating Parameters that change volume

tewky1

VIP Junglist
When you modulate certain things that start to adjust the relative levels of your sounds, what is the best way to rectify this?

Is this a job for compression? Do you have to start with modulating volume manually?

Basic e.g. You have some OD, where you modulate the wet/dry or OD Gain, it starts to mess with your levels untreated and can cause problems in the mix of your tune.

I have tried to mess around with compression(probably my problem I reckon, messing without proper knowledge), but cant to rectify the peaks made by introducing the extra volume from doing so.

Am I just getting my setting wrong on the compressor or am I missing something that I should be doing to help this?

Ta muchly

I would add a utility plug in and automate the gain as well. you could use a limiter and/or compressor, but you wouldn't want to "brick wall" the sound and add troubles in the mix down later.

^ can never be assed doing that. i always use zero-attack high release compression, does the job just fine. just need a transparent compressor and find the best sounding ratio-threshold. High ratio buss compressors work really well.

Wtf is OD?

- - - Updated - - -

Overdrive?

- - - Updated - - -

If im understanding correctly, you are modulating an overdrive gain and you're wondering why your levels are going up and down? :teeth:

oh, well i sort that even easier by bouncing, then chopping up the quiet bits and gaining them. LPX is sick for that as it actually increases the wave form in the sample - obviously i mean using the Gain in the Inspector

Yeah I know the volume is going up and down :) Was just looking for ways and means of controlling that, whilst still reatin the added sizzle got from pushing the dfive up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom