Jungle and Drum and Bass - What Is It About To You?

Drum and Bass is just what I like to listen to. I think there is so much versatility, talent and new ideas that it never gets boring to me. From the deeper side of drum and bass to straight up dancefloor bangers I love all the sounds it has to offer (apart from gay as fuck vocals, screechy noises, skullstep and all other kinds of faggotry :teeth: )DNB also reminds me of some of the best times I've had out partying and one of the only genres that gets me dancing all night, love the scene, love the music.

Pretty much on the same page. I like a wide range as well, from chill liquid all the way to the Dark Techstep with my personal favorite at this time being over the top Neurofunk. But Im learning I go through favorite style phase's. That has a lot to do with me being new though. When I first heard Techstep, it was my favorite. Then, neck and neck was Dark Techstep. Then I discovered Logistics and I thought "The Trip" was my favorite track. Then I heard Neurofunk and almost flew to the moon. I do however tend to like the massive energy that comes with Techstep and Neurofunk.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, the Drums(more so now trying to produce myself, I now hear the complexity of good break creation much more than I ever did before) and the Bass.
When i was younger and DJ'ed a bit more seriously, I was into Progressive House, but it was always about the Bassline, that and a fat kick, and not that shitty one that commercial dance music used(read Cheese). I always listened to Jungle for the B-lines.

I took a hiatus from dance music for a long time, and when i came back I gravitated toward DnB for that B-line again, the Prog house movement pushed to far into cheesey synths for my liking(from what i could be arsed to find, I hope there is still an underground scene in that genre), but I could find an abundance of dark sounds with proper B-lines in DnB.

When I recreate a tune in my head, or hum one, its is the B-Line. This was my sig for a while(some lyrics from DubFX), and it rings true in my world.

"That its a place full of bass where your soul can rest
You know Im not lying you can feel it in your chest."

WORD

Word.

Last edited:
its the kinda dnb where it is house music but secretly, under all the piano riffs and the other stuff, you kinda know its dnb. subliminal dnb

whaaat..? no waayyyy..? theres no such thing, is there? or do you mean minimal stuffs that sound either like blarpy IDM techno or halfstep reggae techno dub, but deep down you know its more drum and bass than most any jamp ap or liquid out there?

and very nice thread shawn, in fact, best thread in general dnb forum since mmmm forever i guess (adam?)

whaaat..? no waayyyy..? theres no such thing, is there? or do you mean minimal stuffs that sound either like blarpy IDM techno or halfstep reggae techno dub, but deep down you know its more drum and bass than most any jamp ap or liquid out there?

and very nice thread shawn, in fact, best thread in general dnb forum since mmmm forever i guess (adam?)

Yeah, its part of my socialization practice. Trying to listen and understand. Kinda an opportunity thread for anything on anyones mind concerning the DNB scene. Carl FTW. :applause:

Funniest_Memes_not-sure-if-diddly-or-doodly_1718.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom