Electronica

Squarepusher

So I've been getting into electronica recently and was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for songs and artists in this genre? And by electronica I mean the background music oriented kind rather than the dance type.

Sorry if this doesn't belong in this section, still a newb here, thanks

All is fair in love and Brostep

It's hard to define but generally it's an electronic genre with very diverse musical features, usually though it's meant for background listening

It's hard to define but generally it's an electronic genre with very diverse musical features, usually though it's meant for background listening

Alright, I'm very picky when it comes to terms like this as this sub probably knows, but that's not right. Electronica was a term created to describe electronic music as a whole. If it's based on synths it's electronica. You mention background music, perhaps you're thinking of ambient?

I produce ambient... a lot! check if ya like folks...

That is a nice track, Manu. Maybe we could join our forces on a ambient song in the future?

To the OP: there are lots of chilled songs out there, I think every genre has a "chilled" sub-genre. You just need to search at the right place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom