Need inspiration for a track

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
i'm pretty much stuck with this lush moody tune... I think it needs one more new element so I can extend the intro with that, and bring it in again in a kind of 'dubbier' part of the tune. Would be a simple thing to finish it, but I can't find the sound it needs.

Help a brother out. Links to sample packs, some inspirational tunes, even presets would be awesome...

This tune:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152398852803565&set=vb.353471538564&type=2&theater

Needs more cowbell.

Or some 70s style strings, maybe even some disco strings. The rhode hits with an devolving wobble would be like the question and the strings could answer.

Mate that sounds awesome. I've been repeating the video tons of times.

How about switching up the percussion or adding a counter-melody? Strings like IV4 said is also a brilliant idea.

Needs more cowbell.

Or some 70s style strings, maybe even some disco strings. The rhode hits with an devolving wobble would be like the question and the strings could answer.

Yes something like this

Okay seriously, the clip sounds delightful.
I don't think it essentially needs a lot more elements. Just variate the ones you got, mayb some new little perc elements.
Good way to get inspiration is to leave the tune for a few days and start working on something different. Come back later to it and then you gonna smash this one!

Inspirational tune my friend:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies! I got into it again with the string thing IV4 suggested! going on with the minor root chord and only changing for half a bar every 8 bars, super simple stuff but it really inspired me to go on even deeper with this one!

THANKS

- - - Updated - - -

Inspirational tune my friend:

Nice one! never even heard of this guy before

Last edited by a moderator:
For inspiration I suggest listening to The Cinematic Orchestra and/or Submotion Orchestra.

As the clip goes, strings can help but it needs something else which I can put my finger on.

It's got even a little more edge to the bass at some points :D went really overboard. Tune in your sig sounding manic menosance, I noticed I started grinding my teeth at the middle part

Thanks lad :) Glad you like it. You finished this liquid track then?

Back
Top Bottom