DnB Another work in progress

Those drums are sexy. Bass is big. I really like it.
No real feedback the track sounds good.

Cheers, man.

I've only mixed it on my monitors without any other references, so I'm just assuming some odd bits and pieces are going to be off.
Sounds alright on my laptop speakers though!

Yeah returning the favour here... sorry it took me few days. IV4 is bang on about those drums sexy is an understatement. Love the bassline aswell and all the twerks keep it interesting great little roller

Cheers.
Verylittle processing on the drums, just found an Amen that sounded nice and tight, split it into four different parts and went over each with a little bit of eq and compression, then compressed them all together in the end.

I watched that old Ed Rush & Optical video where they straight up say they just recycle old breaks and don't bother too much with processing as long as they sound good and figured they were onto something. If it ain't broke...
Well, there's a fair deal of filtering and choppage going on, obviously.

I totally get what your saying bud... still i think always produce your own breaks for the simple reason they havent been heard before... make something new be an inspiration for the new guys to break down yours, aim high... shit sorry im pissed but thats just how i do it. still it doesnt matter your stuff might sound better than mine until i get my own sound but is that not what were doing here? i dunno just my opinion man

Change and repetition, man, you've got to have a bit of the familiar along with the zomg groundbreaking shit. If you want to make an old skool amen tearout tune, there's a certain sound you're going for and I think you should limit yourself from going to great lengths making your own particular version of a break, when the end result is going to be pretty much the same anyways.
I usually get into layering a whole lot of breaks and one shots and processing and bouncing them around, but I do enjoy sample based music, and sometimes it's cool to see what you can get out of rearranging stuff that people've made before, snatching samples from different sources and making them all sound like they belong together.

Back
Top Bottom