Icicle - Entropy LP (Shogun Audio)

I think over the last couple of years 2 trends have become what we have now. One is the cost of pressing vinyl linked in to the mass market of digital dj's we now have.

The other for me personally is that electronic artists are creating albums as albums. Most classics D&B albums (4 or 5 x12" or whatever) from back in the day were wall to wall dance floor tracks. There's been so many D&B albums over the last few years that you can sit back and play from start to finish in a non club environment.

With the latter point said, less dance floor orientated tracks would mean less vinyl pressing required.

Shoot me down if I'm wrong but that's kind of how I see it now.

I think over the last couple of years 2 trends have become what we have now. One is the cost of pressing vinyl linked in to the mass market of digital dj's we now have.

The other for me personally is that electronic artists are creating albums as albums. Most classics D&B albums (4 or 5 x12" or whatever) from back in the day were wall to wall dance floor tracks. There's been so many D&B albums over the last few years that you can sit back and play from start to finish in a non club environment.

With the latter point said, less dance floor orientated tracks would mean less vinyl pressing required.

Shoot me down if I'm wrong but that's kind of how I see it now.

This is basically it imo as well. Imo it would be useless doing a 4 track Kiyoko EP on 2 plates (although I wouldn't mind though) since the rpm difference wouldn't matter to their listeners. On the other hand labels like V Records and RAM would make more sense for 45rpm plates since they are heavily 'dancefloor' tunes.

That's pretty much what I've been saying. With albums like that, it would be nice to have a plate or two with all the tunes to listen to plus one or two 12" with 2/4 chosen dancefloor tunes, I know it's not likely to see this happen but hey, one could always hope :)

76e9b19aed.png

Really disappointed with the amount of dubstep on this, only really feeling problem.

To add a new perspective on the ongoing vinyl argument - vinyl sales this year have already exceeded those of last year.

To add a new perspective on the ongoing vinyl argument - vinyl sales this year have already exceeded those of last year.

Yeah you got a statistic for d&b sales? Would really be intrigued to see them!
because pop music mainstream and indie vinyl sales don't say shit about d&b sales.

Yeah you got a statistic for d&b sales? Would really be intrigued to see them!
because pop music mainstream and indie vinyl sales don't say shit about d&b sales.

I don't. But remember there are plenty of 'casual' dnb listeners that will buy vinyl for listening purposes. Why else do hospital release 5 tunes a side on some albums.

I don't. But remember there are plenty of 'casual' dnb listeners that will buy vinyl for listening purposes. Why else do hospital release 5 tunes a side on some albums.

Once again, I'd really like to see evidence for these "casual" dnb listeners. This may be the case for hyped vinyl only labels like Horo but not for the more dancefloor appealed stuff.
I tell you why, because sales aren't good and 1x12'' costs less then 3x12''... and guess what as it's an LP they can even sell it for a higher price! :uberlaugh

Once again, I'd really like to see evidence for these "casual" dnb listeners. This may be the case for hyped vinyl only labels like Horo but not for the more dancefloor appealed stuff.
I tell you why, because sales aren't good and 1x12'' costs less then 3x12''... and guess what as it's an LP they can even sell it for a higher price! :uberlaugh

I used to be one for a year or so until i bought my technics

as an album, it's alright, could quite happily sit back and listen to it start to finish.

but... there's not a single tune on it i'd stick in a mix.

Back
Top Bottom